+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a dependent work in canada

Jun 23, 2010
Hi Guys..

My wife has got an offer to work in canada..and for me I am getting my dependent visa processed.Will I be eligible to work full time in canada.If so what is the process that needs to followed and how long will it take for me get a job in canada after landing in canada.

please let me know the process and procedures it will be helpful for me to take a decision,

Thanks and Advance
Ravikumar

Jun 23, 2010
Guys please let me know am new to this forum so I am very sorry if the answer for these questions are already available.if so pls guide where to look for them..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could get a job according to your eligibilities and job availability. After landing in Canada, you should apply for SIN. You will get the PR Card automatically within a month approx. You can start search for the job at the earliest opportunity. For a Canadian PR there is no restriction like in USA or any other country being you landed on dependant visa. So don't worry. Keep your certificates/credentials with you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wilson said:
You could get a job according to your eligibilities and job availability. After landing in Canada, you should apply for SIN. You will get the PR Card automatically within a month approx. You can start search for the job at the earliest opportunity. For a Canadian PR there is no restriction like in USA or any other country being you landed on dependant visa. So don't worry. Keep your certificates/credentials with you.
1. The OP's spouse is apply for a work permit not PR.
2. He can apply for an Open Work Permit only if the spouse's work is in A, B or O of the NOC. see: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx
3. If you are issued an Open Work permit on entry, then you can apply for job, who knows how long it would be before someone hires you.
4. You apply for a SIN no. at a Services Canada office. They will give you the no. immediately, the actually card will take 2/3 weeks.

cherrykuls

Apr 16, 2015
Hi,

I came across your query. I m also looking to move to Canada, can you guide me on how to do so. I reside in India. And were u able to get a job soon as a dependent.

Thanks
Cherry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cherrykuls said:
Hi,

I came across your query. I m also looking to move to Canada, can you guide me on how to do so. I reside in India. And were u able to get a job soon as a dependent.

Thanks
Cherry
The post you are responding to is over four years old and was posted to the wrong section of the forum. If you have questions about coming to Canada as a foreign worker and obtaining a dependent visa for the foreign worker's spouse - please post to the Foreign Worker's section of the forum.

Manalidesai

Apr 17, 2018
Hi ,

My husband has work permit with the 3 years validity , I want to apply for dependent work VISA for Canada please guide me the process .

Thanks
MD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

My husband has work permit with the 3 years validity , I want to apply for dependent work VISA for Canada please guide me the process .

Thanks
MD.
Recommend you post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.