+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a dependent travel outside canada with out landing ?

Jun 15, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Hi All,

We received our copr recently. We didn't do landing yet. My husband is a primary applicant. Due to family exigencies, I (dependent) have to travel to India. DO I need any other document to come back to Canada or work permit/ co -pr is enough. Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Mala

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
As a dependent, you can only use your IM-1 visa/COPR to enter Canada after your husband makes his landing. Otherwise, you'd need a valid TRV.

Jun 15, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Thanks for the quick reply Bellaluna.
Just to clarify
Is PTR is mandatory?
My open work permit is valid till next year can I land using the work permit without CPR? ( Is work permit still valid after CPR)
Or
After my husband land here can I use the CPR and do landing while entering Canada?

Thanks & Regards,
Malathi

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Just to clarify
Is PTR is mandatory?
My open work permit is valid till next year can I land using the work permit without CPR? ( Is work permit still valid after CPR)
Or
After my husband land here can I use the CPR and do landing while entering Canada?

Thanks & Regards,
Malathi
PTR? Do you mean TRV?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22

If you wish to re-enter Canada without landing as a PR, you would need a valid TRV or eTA, as the link above stated, even if your work permit is valid.

Again, you would need an IM-1 visa (or eTA, if you are visa exempt) with your COPR to do your landing *after* your husband does his.

Jun 15, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore