+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Canadian PR residing in US work remotely for a Canadian employer?

JuliaPDF

May 26, 2020
Hi there,

Currently am residing in the US, have a house and want to move back to Canada. However due to Covid, that's all delayed.
I got a job offer from a Canadian employer before the pandemic started, they haven't pulled the offer and has been waiting for me to move back.
With my PR status, I'm I able to work remotely for them while I'm still in the US?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,

Currently am residing in the US, have a house and want to move back to Canada. However due to Covid, that's all delayed.
I got a job offer from a Canadian employer before the pandemic started, they haven't pulled the offer and has been waiting for me to move back.
With my PR status, I'm I able to work remotely for them while I'm still in the US?
You don't require any status in Canada to work abroad for a Canadian company. You need to look at US rules to see if they allow it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi there,

But it will not count towards your PR residency obligation given you are not being assigned temporarily by the Canadian employer to work in the US given latter is where you live already.

Reactions: lossada

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi there,

yes, the payment have to be done in Canada