+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Came to Canada on a visiting Visa never went back

Nacygray

Jun 2, 2019
Hey everyone need help. I came to canada on a visiting visa with my child who was 1 at the time. I never went back to my country Jamaica, I have extended my visa multiple times but now was denied an extension 3 ago. I never went to my country and i been living in Canada out of status for almost 5 years. I recently got married 8 months ago and applied for document. What are the chances of me not getting deported. I have applied for my documents inland.

Last edited:

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey everyone need help. I came to canada on a visiting visa with my child who was 1 at the time. I never went back to my country Jamaica, I have extended my visa multiple times but now was denied an extension 3 ago. I never went to my country and i been living in Canada out of status for almost 5 years. I recently got married 8 months ago and applied for document. What are the chances of me not getting deported.
Your question?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So your child assume is also out of status ? If immigration feel inclined to investigate an overstayer they will find out somehow about working which will just add to the situation.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If I'm working how would immigration know ,do they send people to spy on you?
You are working. Useless to lie and say you are not. Unless you are a multi-millionaire who has been living off savings the past 5 years. Immigration can find out. I have seen it happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well unless you are independently wealthy, IRCC will just wonder, how did this person support themselves, and their daughter for the last five years ?? What do you think ??
Same thing as they will realize that your child is likely attending school although they are not entitled to go to school. Some cities have decided to overlook illegal status so as not to harm children’s futures because of the decision of their parents.