+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cambridge IELTS and British council IELTS

sullivan h.

Aug 8, 2013
Is cambridge ielts and british council ielts the same organisation? are they affiliated or they are two completely different IELTS organisations? because whenever i google cambridge ielts registration, it shows all the pages of british council ielts.
Also, is IDP australia and AEO the same thing?

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 900 test centres and locations in over 130 countries.

British Council
British Council connects people worldwide with the learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK and builds lasting relationships between the UK and other countries. British Council is the UK's international organisation for educational opportunity and cultural relations and is represented in 107 countries worldwide.

Please contact ielts@britishcouncil.org for further information.

IDP: IELTS Australia
IDP: IELTS Australia is a subsidiary of IDP Education, one of the world's leading international education organisations offering student placement in Australia, the USA, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. IDP Education has 40 years' experience in international higher education. IELTS Australia Pty Ltd manages a network of more than 100 IELTS test centres in over 45 countries.

Please contact ielts@idp.com for further information.

Cambridge English Language Assessment
Cambridge English Language Assessment is the world's leading provider of exams for learners of English. Cambridge exams are recognised by over 13,500 organisations worldwide and taken by over 4 million people each year in 135 countries.

Please contact ielts@cambridgeenglish.org for further information or visit www.cambridgeenglish.org

sullivan h.

Aug 8, 2013
So basically, if idp and british council conduct the ielts exam in some city, can cambridge ielts can be introduced in that city? is it possible?

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
There is no Cambridge IELTS exam, as there is no British Council IELTS exam and as there is no IDP IELTS exam. There is only IELTS exam which is owned by British Council, IDP and Cambridge English Language Assessment. All things related to IETLS go through IELTS organization and their local affiliates.

sullivan h.

Aug 8, 2013
Okay.. i understand that the IELTS exam is the same.. In my country.. There are two organisations that conduct an IELTS exam.. British Council and AEO(Australian Education Office).. They are both operated independently.. Is it possible for Cambridge to conduct the IELTS exam in my country as well and operate as a seperate and independent organisation? i really want to know the answer to this