+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cam you leave the country after applying for a WP extension?

tremonade

Aug 22, 2019
My work permit expired (PGWP) in April. I'm waiting for the portal that opens in June where I can extend my work permit (according to the new rule where PGWP holders can extend their permit). My question is, once I apply for it, can I go back to my country for a vacation? I'm currently staying on my TRV visa but I'm planning to go to my country once I apply for the WP extension.

So can I go back to my country and have a friend courier me the Work Permit once it arrives here? I'm am currently not working since my WP has expired, so my company has kept my on unpaid vacation until everything is sorted.

lemonade123

Jun 1, 2022
Hi, Just a quick question do you apply for visitor record? Also, can we be on unpaid vacation after our work permit expires and later on it wouldn't effect our PR application? I am also in same condition and I am planning to ask for unpaid vacation with my employer. Thank you

tremonade

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, Just a quick question do you apply for visitor record? Also, can we be on unpaid vacation after our work permit expires and later on it wouldn't effect our PR application? I am also in same condition and I am planning to ask for unpaid vacation with my employer. Thank you
By visitor record you mean visitor visa, then yes. I'm currently staying here on visitor visa.
I don't think it would affect the PR application since we won't be getting paid.