+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC today and got starnge answer

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
praneet87

buddy lets accept that you will need LMIA (PGWP holder) ...if the case is otherwise we will be lucky... but if you applying under CEC, more or less every one will go though...

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
curious_123 said:
praneet87

buddy lets accept that you will need LMIA (PGWP holder) ...if the case is otherwise we will be lucky... but if you applying under CEC, more or less every one will go though...
You have repeated this point twelfth time. Everybody accepts that to get 600 points, LMIA is required. And you do not need to have LMIA to apply. Do you even understand the argument that was going on here for last 4-5 pages? Argument is on a related plane but different tangent.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Phil89 said:
Aren't you working as a translator now? And it's not even related to your education...so what is your benefit to Canada? Yes, nurses are in a big demand in Canada, but trust me, there are enough people to cover the demand already. Your LMIA is not guaranteed. Even if you receive your PR, you will have to go back to school cause as you said it's a regulated profession unless you wanna wipe asses for the rest of your life.
It is not related to my degree, that is correct. However, I passed the eligibility assessment from my company with an exceptional high score which is why they decided to hire me anyway. How is my work being beneficial? I work for a large IT company here which is in demand of native speaking translators. I think I don't need to explain how the income of a company is affecting the economy of the country.

In terms of my nursing degree: No worries. I have already done the assessment with the union and my degree has been accepted as equivalent. I will have to rewrite my exams but will then be allowed to work as a registered nurse. No more university for me luckily. Also, my application is already in progress and the old rules apply. I am not affected by the LMIA. ;)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys i have PGWP and lets accept the fact that we require LMIA to get those 600 points...

-but i dont think you will need LMIA to apply under CEC...you just need 1 year of experience under NOC O A B (I will try to call CIC today)
Yes, you get only 100 points for a job without LMIA , and 600 with LMIA. But if you have a job when on PGWP in NOC 0,A,B- FORGET ABOUT LMIA. You will NEVER get it. HRDC will NEVER issue LMIA to a job in NOC 0 and A. (Better chances for welders and plumbers ( in NOC B) somewhere in Cold Lake, AB)because there are more than enough available Canadians for such a kind of jobs.

That brings us to the same point:
there will be some applicants with 1000 points (job+LMIA) and a gazillion of applicants with 380-480 points.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Marlee said:
It is not related to my degree, that is correct. However, I passed the eligibility assessment from my company with an exceptional high score which is why they decided to hire me anyway. How is my work being beneficial? I work for a large IT company here which is in demand of native speaking translators. I think I don't need to explain how the income of a company is affecting the economy of the country.

In terms of my nursing degree: No worries. I have already done the assessment with the union and my degree has been accepted as equivalent. I will have to rewrite my exams but will then be allowed to work as a registered nurse. No more university for me luckily. Also, my application is already in progress and the old rules apply. I am not affected by the LMIA. ;)
Good for you! But remember if you already received your nomination, it doesn't make you more special or better than anyone else. We all have Canadian degrees and jobs contributing to the economy.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marlee, from experience of other international nurses I know hospitals will be glad to accept you on working visa and get a LMIA for you (if needed). And after you start working for them they give you time (up to 6 months) to take your Canadian professional exams and get RN certificate.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Phil89 said:
Good for you! But remember if you already received your nomination, it doesn't make you more special or better than anyone else. We all have Canadian degrees and jobs contributing to the economy.
I neither said nor thought that. In my opinion everyone who is beneficial to this country's economy and is willing to fully integrate into the Canadian culture is more than welcome here.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Yes, you get only 100 points for a job without LMIA , and 600 with LMIA. But if you have a job when on PGWP in NOC 0,A,B- FORGET ABOUT LMIA. You will NEVER get it. HRDC will NEVER issue LMIA to a job in NOC 0 and A. (Better chances for welders and plumbers ( in NOC B) somewhere in Cold Lake, AB)because there are more than enough available Canadians for such a kind of jobs.

That brings us to the same point:
there will be some applicants with 1000 points (job+LMIA) and a gazillion of applicants with 380-480 points.
wow, you are taking all my hopes away bud, but to some extent you are right, 2 different employers told me: "we are not sponsoring anyone for any immigration program"... do you think this is true for Civil Engineers with USA experience and in process of obtaining member in training nomination from Alberta? Thanks

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marlee said:
I neither said nor thought that. In my opinion everyone who is beneficial to this country's economy and is willing to fully integrate into the Canadian culture is more than welcome here.
Where did people got you wrong? God, my guess is people have no reading skills whatsoever, you have been nothing but polite and personal in your posts. Thank you for keeping your composure....

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you think this is true for Civil Engineers with USA experience and in process of obtaining member in training nomination from Alberta?
I really do not know.
I know one case when an architect from a small Eastern-European country came to Canada for internship to get some work experience after he got trainee nomination in Ontario. And the company liked him so much that they arranged him LMO. How he did get that internship in the first place? I have no idea.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
wow, you are taking all my hopes away bud, but to some extent you are right, 2 different employers told me: "we are not sponsoring anyone for any immigration program"... do you think this is true for Civil Engineers with USA experience and in process of obtaining member in training nomination from Alberta? Thanks
The thing is that we are so caught up on that 600 score. This is just a provision for Companies that really need someone and aren't able to find them. So that 600 points will give them a guarantee spot for PR. Most of the CEC and FSW will have identical scores. If you look at it closely, if you have Canadian experience u get bonus points. You also get points for experience. So if you are in Canada and have worked for 3 years. You have a benefit over those who have worked for 3 years outside, always. In a scenario where the person has a LOT more experience then his age is more and he will drastically start losing points as the older they are.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
omaus25 said:
Yes, your chances are 0. There are enough engineers who are looking for work and hoping to get LMIA INSIDE Canada. No one would even bother going through this bureaucratic process just to get someone they have never even seen into Canada. Unless you are some sort of a genius which I figure is not your case..

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are enough engineers who are looking for work and hoping to get LMIA INSIDE Canada.
It does not matter : inside or outside. The process with HRDC is the same in both cases. And the MAIN REASON why it is impossible to get LMIA for occupations in NOC 0 and A (better chances in B) is because there is a lot of citizens and PR who are engineers and want that job.

The only advice I can give- try companies in small communities in less popular among Canadians places like Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North of AB and BC, maybe even Yukon.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Regina said:
It does not matter : inside or outside. The process with HRDC is the same in both cases. And the MAIN REASON why it is impossible to get LMIA for occupations in NOC 0 and A (better chances in B) is because there is a lot of citizens and PR who are engineers and want that job.

The only advice I can give- try companies in small communities in less popular among Canadians places like Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North of AB and BC, maybe even Yukon.
Haven't I just said the same thing??

No one is going to sponsor anyone without face to face! Even in a small communities.