NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Dear experts

I applied to a visitor visa to Canada and today I got a call from the immigration officer asking me if I am engaged to a canadian citizen. I told him that I am not, which is true, but then he insisted and told me that I am lying.

My story is that I was working in Canada before (2012 to 2015) and I returned to my country last september 2015 when my mum passed away. But before I left Canada I had an application for extention of work permit in progress and in the cover letter I mentioned that my gf was canadian and that we were planning to get married. But things has change since as we broke up at the time I left Canada.

But now the officer that called me today is referring to this application and said that I am engaged and that I am not telling the truth. He said he is going to reject my application for visitor visa and banned me for 5 years for misrepresentation. The thing is I have an application for CSQ in progress and this would affect this application as well.

I told me listen sir, I am not engaged, and he was rude and told me ''Is this how you are talking to me'', etc. I did not mean to be rude or aggressive, I was just trying to tell me that there is misunderstand here.

Kindly advise me what should I do now please!!! How do I proof that I am not engaged since he hang up the phone. Will I need to wait to get an official letter and then appeal? How long and how much all this would cost me? please help!!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bencres said:
Dear experts

I applied to a visitor visa to Canada and today I got a call from the immigration officer asking me if I am engaged to a canadian citizen. I told him that I am not, which is true, but then he insisted and told me that I am lying.

My story is that I was working in Canada before (2012 to 2015) and I returned to my country last september 2015 when my mum passed away. But before I left Canada I had an application for extention of work permit in progress and in the cover letter I mentioned that my gf was canadian and that we were planning to get married. But things has change since as we broke up at the time I left Canada.

But now the officer that called me today is referring to this application and said that I am engaged and that I am not telling the truth. He said he is going to reject my application for visitor visa and banned me for 5 years for misrepresentation. The thing is I have an application for CSQ in progress and this would affect this application as well.

I told me listen sir, I am not engaged, and he was rude and told me ''Is this how you are talking to me'', etc. I did not mean to be rude or aggressive, I was just trying to tell me that there is misunderstand here.

Kindly advise me what should I do now please!!! How do I proof that I am not engaged since he hang up the phone. Will I need to wait to get an official letter and then appeal? How long and how much all this would cost me? please help!!
are you even sure it was an immigration officer ?

wait for the official letter to come, then hire a lawyer and appeal it... cant see any other options TBH

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
It's weird that you applied and received the call same day, i dont think officers are that fast to review an application.