+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Call center technical support advisor

Ojore ledgister

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hi ,

I have a potential job as a tech support work from home job at a company called transcom. The role is technical and customer service based and I just wanted some guidance as it relates to if it would qualify me for Noc code B 2282. The job description is posted in this link https://na.transcom.com/en/Canada-TSR-WAH

Thanks for your help.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Do the main duties match? NOC B jobs typically, but not always, require more than just a high school diploma.

Ojore ledgister

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
The educational requirements of the NOC are not determinative and can be ignored. The question is always whether the job was done or not.
Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this message. Thanks for your replies.Even though I have 5+ years of IT experience from my home country in this pandemic I just wanted to ensure I'd be doing a job that can classify as Canadian experience to apply for PR as the job market is so tough right now. My next concern is whether it would be an issue if it's technical support and customer service based. Even though it's technical support based the fact it's a call center based customer service would be required. I was told I will be troubleshooting apple products (tables ,phone , computers) and internet issues mainly. It's already above minimum wave 16.50 so I know I qualify there for sure as I'm assuming minimum wage jobs are classed as C

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this message. Thanks for your replies.Even though I have 5+ years of IT experience from my home country in this pandemic I just wanted to ensure I'd be doing a job that can classify as Canadian experience to apply for PR as the job market is so tough right now. My next concern is whether it would be an issue if it's technical support and customer service based. Even though it's technical support based the fact it's a call center based customer service would be required. I was told I will be troubleshooting apple products (tables ,phone , computers) and internet issues mainly. It's already above minimum wave 16.50 so I know I qualify there for sure as I'm assuming minimum wage jobs are classed as C
You can be paid well above minimum wage and the job can still be classified as NOC C. It's really about the job responsibilities. You need to be sure it's going to be classified as a NOC B in order to qualify for CEC.

Ojore ledgister

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

Based on what i researched on the Canadian immigration website these would be the duties of the 2282 group below,

Canadian immigration website

Job duties

• This group performs some or all of the following duties:
  • Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
  • Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
  • Reproduce, diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered by users
  • Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
  • Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
  • May supervise other technical support workers in this group.

Below is the actual responsibilities of the job description for the work from home job

Responsibilities
• Delivers excellent customer service while responding to inbound call inquiries and providing email support
Determines and resolves customer inquiries. Provides customers with information and/or instructions in an understandable manner.
• Provides quality service by accurately assessing and responding to customer needs.
• Completes required documentation such as tracking communication with customers, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Troubleshoots technical issues experienced by customers. Provides verbal instructions to customers to resolve issues.

Qualifications
• Fluent in English and/or French • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Previous Technical support or Customer Service Experience • Tech savvy and knowledge of information technology systems required. • Professional and pleasant telephone manner • Must have valid Canadian ID (Citizenship, Work Permit or Permanent Residency) • Must be 18 years of age or more • High school or GED

Based on this do you think it would qualify for the 2282?

Sep 13, 2020
Hey, I am pretty much in the same predicament as you. I have been offered an opportunity to work here (transcom) and I did my research, so far it looks like the job is NOC 2282 and falls under "User Support Technician". The job description matches most of the duties required in NOC 2282 job. I needed 3 more weeks of full time work to complete my eligibility for the CEC immigration before I got laid my previous job because of Covid. So I took on this job and I'm positive it falls under the NOC. In the link below are jobs tagged with NOC 2282 from Canada official job bank site, which some are pretty similar in educational requirements and duties to the Transcom Job. Any update on your findings ?
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobsearch?d=215&fn=2282&page=1&sort=D&fprov=ON#article-32682691

Noor28

Oct 6, 2020
Hello,
Did you confirm with your employer that its a NOC B and also they will give a letter ?

tembak

Jan 18, 2021
I just got this job too, and I intend to use it for CEC application but I'm a little confused if the job would qualify as a valid Canadian work experience for CEC application. I know the job is a NOC B job, but I don't know if the company would qualify based on location.

KunalArora

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hi guys, did anyone of you know if Technical Support Advisor (Transcom) is a NOC B-level job? Did anyone receive PR after working in Transcom as a Technical Support Advisor?

Reactions: abhikannan1

abhikannan1

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
Hi guys, did anyone of you know if Technical Support Advisor (Transcom) is a NOC B-level job? Did anyone receive PR after working in Transcom as a Technical Support Advisor?
I work for Concentrix and I just filed my application:
my job duties are :
• Supports specified, limited line of technical products using defined problem solving.
• Constructs individual case reference files and updates case management database.
• Consults user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement
solutions.
• Diagnoses end user problems using systematic listening and probing approach.
• Provides information and direction as required for simple problem resolution.
• Researches problem/case history using computerized database.
• Initiates dispatch procedure for hardware pickup/shipment as appropriate.
• Provides advice to internal technical support advisors in response to identified difficulties.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
I work for Concentrix and I just filed my application:
my job duties are :
• Supports specified, limited line of technical products using defined problem solving.
• Constructs individual case reference files and updates case management database.
• Consults user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement
solutions.
• Diagnoses end user problems using systematic listening and probing approach.
• Provides information and direction as required for simple problem resolution.
• Researches problem/case history using computerized database.
• Initiates dispatch procedure for hardware pickup/shipment as appropriate.
• Provides advice to internal technical support advisors in response to identified difficulties.
Have you applied under CEC .Please keep us updated as would like to know if your application gets through. And is it a problem as it’s a US based company .Any information on the US part would be reallly helpful.Thanks