+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Economic Situation

ABcookie

Feb 20, 2009
Considering the economic situation in calgary, im sure everyone who's applicaiton is currently in process is worried. My work visa expires in August and my company has started laying off. What if I get laid off? What will happen to my application? I have gotten my initial assesment completed, RPRF is paid, medicals done in January. I don't how long is the wait now but things are changing by the hour in my company. Any idea if I have to leave hte country before august if my PR doens't come in and i get laid off?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
If you get lay off you can go back to your country, just inform CIC, that may or may not transfer your app. They will decide that, but you will be ok. I am waiting to get my AOR and after that I will leave the country, since I will be laid off in April.
If you want to stay in US, whether you find another job, or change your visa (check with CIC, if it is ok to change to F1 or tourist) to stay in US..
Also, please read other posts before creating a new one..People already discussed this issue several times. For me this is the 3rd time I explain that to somebody just today....

Akk

ABcookie said:
Considering the economic situation in calgary, im sure everyone who's applicaiton is currently in process is worried. My work visa expires in August and my company has started laying off. What if I get laid off? What will happen to my application? I have gotten my initial assesment completed, RPRF is paid, medicals done in January. I don't how long is the wait now but things are changing by the hour in my company. Any idea if I have to leave hte country before august if my PR doens't come in and i get laid off?

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Akk,
Can you please provide us an update on your situation -
if you were able to get your file transfered to you home country?
if you changed to B2/F1 visa?

Please suggest as I unexpectedly lost my job last week and have not received my AOR from Buffalo yet.
thx,
j2A

akk said:
If you get lay off you can go back to your country, just inform CIC, that may or may not transfer your app. They will decide that, but you will be ok. I am waiting to get my AOR and after that I will leave the country, since I will be laid off in April.
If you want to stay in US, whether you find another job, or change your visa (check with CIC, if it is ok to change to F1 or tourist) to stay in US..
Also, please read other posts before creating a new one..People already discussed this issue several times. For me this is the 3rd time I explain that to somebody just today....

Akk

ABcookie said:

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABcookie said:
Are you a H1B visa holder or a Work Permit holder in Canada/Alberta ?