+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CALGARY CITIZENSHIP TEST September 2013

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
Hi.
my timeline was
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 27, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 27, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on August 20, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

It took about 18 months almost to the week from submitting my citizenship application to receiving my notice to appear for the citizenship test. I arrived at 8am for the 8:30 time stipulated in the letter. (They have all the original documents that you initially sent for your application with them so they just need to know that the person who is writing the test is indeed the person who it applying for citizenship)

I had lost my IMM documents but it wasnt that important, they checked my drivers license and PR card, asked a couple of mundane questions and then sent me to the end of the hall to sit and wait until all the paperwork of everyone was done. You may take coffee in with you and you may study while you wait, right up until they come in and give you the test.

I was the first one in the hall where you write the test so i waited the longest and all in all it was about a 40 minute wait, i took about 6 minutes to do the test making sure i put the correct answer next to the correct number of the question and then once i was done i went through it one more time to make sure i didn't want to change anything and that the answers were on the correct line and then didn't second guess myself. i was out of there at 9:16am

I wasnt too nervous but they can ask you anything so i studied quite hard, luckily the test wasnt too difficult, just take a breath and know your work. they don't have difficult questions but rather you need to understand the timeline and the people who built the country.
USE the online tests, they helped me immensely, i went through them and again and again, found as many different tests i could find online and made notes... if youre confident you know the work then dont worry the rest is pretty easy, just understand.

These are the questions i was asked as best i can remember them
1. Who was Sir John A Mc Donald
One of the founding fathers

2. In what Region is BC
West Coast

3. What are two responsibilities of Canadians
Taking responsibility of oneself and ones family
helping others in the community

3. What is a noble way to contribute to Canada
serving in the regular army, navy and air forces

4. there are three branches of government, Executive, Legislative and ___________
Judicial

5. You are eligible to vote if you are
A Canadian Citizen, at least 18 years old on voting day and on the voters list

6. The Canada-USA border is partly the outcome of the war of 1812
TRUE

7. Sir Arthur Currie was ___________
Canadas Greatest Soldier

8. Who is the Head of State
the hereditary Sovereign (the queen)

9. Our Judicial system is founded on the presumption of innocence meaning
everyone is innocent until proven guilty

10. If you cannot afford a lawyer you use ___________
Legal Aid

11. What is a symbol of Canada
Beaver

12. English speakers and French speakers have equal rights in parliament
TRUE

13. 3 rights of Canadians
Right to live and work anywhere in Canada, enter and leave canada, apply for a passport

14. what is a good way to gain useful skills and develop friends
joining a community group

15. Equality of men and women
Equal under the law

16. The Canadian Pacific Railway is a symbol of _______
Unity

17. How is the Prime minister chosen
The leader of the party with the most votes becomes the Prime Minister

18. What is the role of the opposition party
to peacefully oppose and try to improve government proposals

19. Who do you vote for in a federal election
Vote for the person they want to represent them in parliament

20. What do you do if you do not receive a voter information card
Call elections Canada

Once done writing the test we took the test papers to the front and handed them in, went to sit again and was called up and told if we
passed or failed on the spot. I passed but I know that I didn't write the same test as the person sitting behind me, i didn't get any dates and he did get one.

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ha! You and I were at the same exam!

My husband and I didn't have the same exam either, our questions were completely different!

We arrived at 8:20am and were back in our car at 9:23, it was very quick and efficient.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
Hey Great, i take it you passed, i was so worried but it was easier than i thought it would be. Its almost time, worst is behind us.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
got letter to appear for oath on the 23rd of September, will take the oath on 10th of October

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Nice!!! Congrats fellow Albertans. Keep us posted on your oath taking ceremony.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...