+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary citizenship office applicants

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I'm in the same boat as you and I think MPs won't be able to do anything at this time because the parliament has been resolved and they're not officially MPs any more
my application was decision made early this year and they said oath will come but they recently changed it to in progress again. mp told me they can't do anything as immigration will decide my case.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
my application was decision made early this year and they said oath will come but they recently changed it to in progress again. mp told me they can't do anything as immigration will decide my case.
This is very unusual, contact your MP after the election, also I think you've already requested GCMS notes so you'll see what's going on soon

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
i got my gcms notes which says application reason status cancelled. after my interview in january they tell me oath will happen soon and now it cancelled? i dont understand what they do. my file was decision made and i did not ask to cancel. ircc phone dont work and webform no response. wont they send me $600 back if they cancel? this is such bs

Reactions: baimmeb

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
i got my gcms notes which says application reason status cancelled. after my interview in january they tell me oath will happen soon and now it cancelled? i dont understand what they do. my file was decision made and i did not ask to cancel. ircc phone dont work and webform no response. wont they send me $600 back if they cancel? this is such bs
Very very unusual. Never seen that before. I think its some mistake.

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Very very unusual. Never seen that before. I think its some mistake.
it is probably happening more as i cant be the only one this happened to. that is probably there solution to cancel files which they cant process due to backlog. there really is no accountability for this department and never will be because of all paper tigers but i wont stop because i am going to protest by myself.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Background check is only valid for one year. So maybe it’s been to long so they have to re check it

Reactions: seaboard33

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
i dont even know what to say anymore. today i went inside harry hays building and dont look like there is anyone in the ircc office. its not accessible.

throwaway76

Jul 28, 2018
omfg that's insane, did you ever get to know what happened?