Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Nice for sharing....but what about your PR cards? Did they arrive within the 12 days you were there?

rizwan150 said:
So, here is my landing experience.

Me and family landed on May 26, 2015 at Calgary International Airport.

Overall it was very smooth, i went for a short landing with my family, when we went off from plane, in first hall, entry stamps were put on our passports then we were instructed to the immigration hall. We went over there and it was a bit crowded, we were waiting in line then one officer came from back and took us to his room and sat with us and asked us to show our documents to him for landing purpose. He stamped COPR papers and asked us to sign our copy in front of him, he noted our address in Calgary to post our PR cards. He further instructed to keep stamped COPR papers in a safe custody as these will be required through out our stay in Canada.

Before leaving his room, he once again welcomed us in Canada.

Then we went to collect our luggage and moved on to CBSA staff to submit our Goods to Follow List. I had two sets ready with me and presented the same to the officer and she smiled and said that this will reduce my work as if i don't have two copies then she had to make a copy of all the lists for me after filling. Afterwards, she stamped all lists and kept one copy with her and returned one set to us to keep with us and present this when i move these items later on.

In plane, we were given Declaration Cards, which was to be filled for a family so that card was first signed by immigration officer and then CBSA lady kept that paper and asked us about the POF which i have already mentioned that i am carrying CAD 10,000 + amount in cash with me, she didn't ask me to show the cash neither she wrote the figure i was carrying with me, i was carrying mixture of USD and CAD with me.

While leaving her counter, she once again smilingly said, Welcome to Canada.

Next Day of my landing, i went to service canada to apply for SIN cards, which i got by showing Passports and COPR papers. Then i went to registry to apply for health cards. There is one registry in Calgary from where you can get the Health Card numbers at the spot, i took the address of that registry from the registry office i went and visited that particular office and applied for health cards for me and and my wife. The lady gave us the health card numbers in 5 minutes time. The same day i went to scotia bank and opened joint account and applied for the credit cards, me and my wife were given credit cards of 2000 CAD limit each. We got the debit cards at the spot. Then we submitted our cash after account opening.

Same day afternoon, i booked an appointment in a clinic for the next day and met family doctor for a meet and greet visit. I just wanted to make sure that our health cards are working and we are into the health care system. We went to the doctor and she advised blood tests. We booked appointment in a laboratory for the tests as family doctor needed to make a bench mark for her records. All was free of cost. I came to know that if we are prescribed with any medicine, only then we need to pay from our pockets.

So these were a few of landing activities which i did, now after 12 days of stay in Canada (4 days in Calgary, 4 days in Edmonton, 4 days in Toronto), i came back to Saudi Arabia yesterday night and will be planning for the permanent landing in months to come.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
patecole said:
Nice for sharing....but what about your PR cards? Did they arrive within the 12 days you were there?
Nope, nowadays, it is taking about 2 months as per immigration staff. So, when they will come my friend will send it through some person to Pakistan to me.

SK1123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-052015
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
3-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
3-06-2015... PP return: 6-7-2015
LANDED..........
hopefully Midd August
rizwan150 said:

Overall it was very smooth, i went for a short landing with my family, when we went off from plane, in first hall, entry stamps were put on our passports then we were instructed to the immigration hall. We went over there and it was a bit crowded, we were waiting in line then one officer came from back and took us to his room and sat with us and asked us to show our documents to him for landing purpose. He stamped COPR papers and asked us to sign our copy in front of him, he noted our address in Calgary to post our PR cards. He further instructed to keep stamped COPR papers in a safe custody as these will be required through out our stay in Canada.

Then we went to collect our luggage and moved on to CBSA staff to submit our Goods to Follow List. I had two sets ready with me and presented the same to the officer and she smiled and said that this will reduce my work as if i don't have two copies then she had to make a copy of all the lists for me after filling. Afterwards, she stamped all lists and kept one copy with her and returned one set to us to keep with us and present this when i move these items later on.

In plane, we were given Declaration Cards, which was to be filled for a family so that card was first signed by immigration officer and then CBSA lady kept that paper and asked us about the POF which i have already mentioned that i am carrying CAD 10,000 + amount in cash with me, she didn't ask me to show the cash neither she wrote the figure i was carrying with me, i was carrying mixture of USD and CAD with me.

Next Day of my landing, i went to service canada to apply for SIN cards, which i got by showing Passports and COPR papers. Then i went to registry to apply for health cards. There is one registry in Calgary from where you can get the Health Card numbers at the spot, i took the address of that registry from the registry office i went and visited that particular office and applied for health cards for me and and my wife. The lady gave us the health card numbers in 5 minutes time. The same day i went to scotia bank and opened joint account and applied for the credit cards, me and my wife were given credit cards of 2000 CAD limit each. We got the debit cards at the spot. Then we submitted our cash after account opening.

Same day afternoon, i booked an appointment in a clinic for the next day and met family doctor for a meet and greet visit. I just wanted to make sure that our health cards are working and we are into the health care system. We went to the doctor and she advised blood tests. We booked appointment in a laboratory for the tests as family doctor needed to make a bench mark for her records. All was free of cost. I came to know that if we are prescribed with any medicine, only then we need to pay from our pockets.

So these were a few of landing activities which i did, now after 12 days of stay in Canada (4 days in Calgary, 4 days in Edmonton, 4 days in Toronto), i came back to Saudi Arabia yesterday night and will be planning for the permanent landing in months to come.
Thanks rizwan150 for sharing your landing experience.
As you said you stayed in 4 cities, which one is the best from permanent living prospective in your experience?

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
rizwan150 said:

Rizwan,

I am glad to read about your good experience with landing. best of luck

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
SK1123 said:
Thanks rizwan150 for sharing your landing experience.
As you said you stayed in 4 cities, which one is the best from permanent living prospective in your experience?
It varies from your profession to profession, for people working in oil and gas and petrochemical sector, Alberta is the best, and specially Calgary is a big market place but overall, Canada is dried out nowadays regarding job opportunities. But still as experience people says, Calgary is the best choice for this profession.

If you belong to IT profession or software engineer or telecom industry related, then Toronto, Ontario region is the best.

Overall, if someone, asks me to choose the city without job perspective, i would definitely select Toronto, as being Pakistani, i saw life in that city, typical food was widely available, specifically the Gerrard Street full of Asian cuisines, hmmmmmmmm :) :) :), weather was good too, in day time, we need to keep AC on while roaming around.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
mastfadi said:
Rizwan,

I am glad to read about your good experience with landing. best of luck
Thanks Fahad Bro. :)

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Thanks for the insight....

rizwan150 said:
It varies from your profession to profession, for people working in oil and gas and petrochemical sector, Alberta is the best, and specially Calgary is a big market place but overall, Canada is dried out nowadays regarding job opportunities. But still as experience people says, Calgary is the best choice for this profession.

If you belong to IT profession or software engineer or telecom industry related, then Toronto, Ontario region is the best.

Overall, if someone, asks me to choose the city without job perspective, i would definitely select Toronto, as being Pakistani, i saw life in that city, typical food was widely available, specifically the Gerrard Street full of Asian cuisines, hmmmmmmmm :) :) :), weather was good too, in day time, we need to keep AC on while roaming around.

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
rizwan150 said:
Hi rizwan,

thanks for sharing ur landing experience...

I have a few queries->

a. Can u share how u prepared the lists for B4/B4A form?..as in item, description, value?..how did u categorize old clothes, books, electronics etc...

b. You gave a Calgary address for PR card or out-of-state? If out-of-state, did it create any issues? I believe the question asked is where are you going to stay and in answer, we have to give the address which the Officer will pick up for PR card....So if out-of-state, do they get suspicious...

c. Were u asked to show the ticket (as in return ticket)?

d. In the CBSA Declaration Card, did u fill Part B (visitors) or Part C (residents)

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Thanks in advance...

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
arkscan said:
Hi rizwan,

thanks for sharing ur landing experience...

I have a few queries->

a. Can u share how u prepared the lists for B4/B4A form?..as in item, description, value?..how did u categorize old clothes, books, electronics etc...

b. You gave a Calgary address for PR card or out-of-state? If out-of-state, did it create any issues? I believe the question asked is where are you going to stay and in answer, we have to give the address which the Officer will pick up for PR card....So if out-of-state, do they get suspicious...

c. Were u asked to show the ticket (as in return ticket)?

d. In the CBSA Declaration Card, did u fill Part B (visitors) or Part C (residents)

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Thanks in advance...
a. item wise main heading (1- Clothes, 2- Furniture, 3- Jewellary, 4- Electronics etc etc) on the form and attached individual lists in excel format containing sub categories including individual price of each item, on main form only total price against each category was mentioned and its overall sum.

b. i gave calgary address, but i know people gave different state address and there cards were delivered to the address

c. No, i was worried about this thing too but luckily i was not asked this question.

d. I left the stay field empty as my friend did it too and he also got away with the return ticket question, i left the field empty, i checked No in Part B and Part C, these are related to the duty free items you are carrying, you need to declare if above specific amount given in left hand side. After checking No in Part B & C, i moved on to fill Part D which is signatures section and thats it.

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
rizwan150 said:
a. item wise main heading (1- Clothes, 2- Furniture, 3- Jewellary, 4- Electronics etc etc) on the form and attached individual lists in excel format containing sub categories including individual price of each item, on main form only total price against each category was mentioned and its overall sum.

b. i gave calgary address, but i know people gave different state address and there cards were delivered to the address

c. No, i was worried about this thing too but luckily i was not asked this question.

d. I left the stay field empty as my friend did it too and he also got away with the return ticket question, i left the field empty, i checked No in Part B and Part C, these are related to the duty free items you are carrying, you need to declare if above specific amount given in left hand side. After checking No in Part B & C, i moved on to fill Part D which is signatures section and thats it.
Thanks a lot..good luck!!..best wishes +1 :)

nrmp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
AOR Received.
26-mar-2015
Med's Request
29-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
30-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
13-May-2015
rizwan150 said:

Thank you very much for sharing!!! it give a excellent idea for the process.

I just have one question:

Does de PR card arrived before you left Calgary?
or did you left without the PR card? and if that the answer with what documentation your are going to re-enter canada?

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
rizwan150 said:

Do we have to submit Declaration form by each family member separately or only the for principle applicant?
If only one then there is only 4 columns and we r a family of 5. so how to fill it?

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Dear All Immigrants to Calagary.

I have landed in Calgary;
Abu Dhabi to Heahtrow airport via Etihad Airways; Etihad served excellent service
Heathrow to Calgary via Air Canada; AC disappointment.
At customs declaration card was submitted . went to immigration section. few questions .collected suitcases and met CBSA officer - all were welcoming and all went smooth. POF were asked they noted and checked B4 form and my list of goods . one copy given back to me and one was kept by them . STaying at relatives and now busy in getting others requirements for being in CA.
I want to thank you all who guided, suggested, and advised me ; Regards

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Gravity said:
Dear All Immigrants to Calagary.

I have landed in Calgary;
Abu Dhabi to Heahtrow airport via Etihad Airways; Etihad served excellent service
Heathrow to Calgary via Air Canada; AC disappointment.
At customs declaration card was submitted . went to immigration section. few questions .collected suitcases and met CBSA officer - all were welcoming and all went smooth. POF were asked they noted and checked B4 form and my list of goods . one copy given back to me and one was kept by them . STaying at relatives and now busy in getting others requirements for being in CA.
I want to thank you all who guided, suggested, and advised me ; Regards
Welcome to Canada :)

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
arkscan said:
Thanks a lot..good luck!!..best wishes +1 :)
You are welcome, i have learned alot from this forum and every senior was always contributing to me and many others, so now after completing the immigration process, i will also contribute to this forum by sharing the knowledge from my experience.

You and all others may feel free to ask me any question any time.