Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
dmac11 said:
Hi Rawdah,

How is the current situation in Calgary and in Alberta in General with concerns of the oil price declining. Been hearing that some company's are laying off employees. Does it only affect the oil and gas industry? any insights regarding construction industry?

Thanks in advance ;)
Current situation is not that good in Calgary.

Companies like Schlumberger, Shell are laying off employees.

Alberta is “most likely” headed for a recession in 2015, if the price of oil continues its steady decline, says the head of the Conference Board of Canada.

Read more

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/alberta-recession-likely-in-2015-conference-board-of-canada-says-1.2186042

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
rawdah said:
Current situation is not that good in Calgary.

Companies like Schlumberger, Shell are laying off employees.

Alberta is “most likely” headed for a recession in 2015, if the price of oil continues its steady decline, says the head of the Conference Board of Canada.

Read more

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/alberta-recession-likely-in-2015-conference-board-of-canada-says-1.2186042
Oh dear.. I hope they will pick up soon and this won't be long term.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
rawaljignesh82 said:
if you flight have connection than you can do port of landing in Calgary or Edmonton.

if you have no connection and you are booking local flight than you need to do landing at toronto.

I personally advise to do port of landing in Calgary or Edmonton as they are nice and do not ask any question of money or anything.
Thanks for this comment. I just want to get more clarification. I have a 3.5 hours wait in toronto before connecting flight to Calgary, through Air Canada. But my flight ticket final destination is Calgary. So can you confirm that my POL can be done in Calgary? I really would prefer to do it in Calgary!

rawaljignesh82

Dec 27, 2010
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-June-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR :06-Oct-2010, 2nd AOR: XX Jan 2011
IELTS Request
In Process Status with Processing Date..XX Feb2012 , Last Week Processing Date changed to March 15,2012
File Transfer...
XX-Jan-2011
Med's Request
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Landed
dmac11 said:
Hi Rawdah,

How is the current situation in Calgary and in Alberta in General with concerns of the oil price declining. Been hearing that some company's are laying off employees. Does it only affect the oil and gas industry? any insights regarding construction industry?

Thanks in advance ;)
Current situation is not good. I am working for OIL Sand. Suncore announced 1000 people to laid off. Syncrude are deciding to cut the retention money. Shell already announced to laid off 300 sheel employee. Shell already cut retention money.

So current situation is not good. Hope all goes well.

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
oscartan said:
Thanks for this comment. I just want to get more clarification. I have a 3.5 hours wait in toronto before connecting flight to Calgary, through Air Canada. But my flight ticket final destination is Calgary. So can you confirm that my POL can be done in Calgary? I really would prefer to do it in Calgary!
Landing formalities are completed at your first Canadian port of entry, i.e Toronto in your case.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
rawdah said:
Landing formalities are completed at your first Canadian port of entry, i.e Toronto in your case.
If the connecting flight has a lesser duration or let suppose 1 hour, will landing formalities still performed in Toronto? Even if there is a chance for flight miss?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes it will be in Toronto. Keep minimum 3 hours between connecting flights.

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
masood8 said:
Thanks for your reply

what happens if my bank account in bank of Riyadh is closed, because I am planing to move Canada permanently.

And i have to withdraw my Iqama and come on final exit. will the draft still be valid after my account closer?
ohhhh common..

its a draft now! no longer in your account....the draft sure will be valid.....

Drafts are almost cash..it can only be payable via the bank specified on it and only to the beneficiary specified on it....

sorry for the late response
sorry for the late

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
rawaljignesh82 said:
Current situation is not good. I am working for OIL Sand. Suncore announced 1000 people to laid off. Syncrude are deciding to cut the retention money. Shell already announced to laid off 300 sheel employee. Shell already cut retention money.

So current situation is not good. Hope all goes well.
Thank you for the information you shared rawal.. Hope all goes well soon.

sweetypal

Aug 15, 2014
Mbaka!
useful and systematic information provided by you. I m coming to calgary on 29th. Was ur first home furnished? How helpful are settlement agencies for newcomers? I m also coming in NE and I am worried about kids schooling, How did you get prior appointment for school interview?

Sweetypal

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
sweetypal said:
Mbaka!
useful and systematic information provided by you. I m coming to calgary on 29th. Was ur first home furnished? How helpful are settlement agencies for newcomers? I m also coming in NE and I am worried about kids schooling, How did you get prior appointment for school interview?

Sweetypal

Dear Sweetypal,

No need to worry....

you need to rent a furnished apartment at least, we did that... i only bought foodstuffs.. we had the basic things you can think of...infact we went we some have used items and foods stuffs, that gave us a soft landing, we didint need to rush to Convinient stores immediately to start spending except for water and fresh milk :p..Note that water is very expensive..infact the plastic water bottle is more expensive than water itself ;D ;D.........

Settlement workers are super helpful!... please dont miss them..any info is value adding...hey!! they are free!!! so why not have them so that they give you more info...

For my appointment... i got it before boarding...yes i did.. i called.. i mailed and i got my appointment while in the middle east... :p :p..

they will ask you ur landing date, kids name and all the vital infos... go ahead and give them.. it does not matter...just like i said we landed on the 17th of dec and our appointment was schaduled for 18th.. 8:15am..it was tiring but we had to go...and that made it quite easy for us and the kids started school immediately...

belle_mx

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 05-02-2015 PER: 28-02-2015
AOR Received.
May 14 2015
Med's Request
May 14 2015
Med's Done....
May 28
Passport Req..
June 24
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
August 19
Mbaka said:
Dear Sweetypal,

No need to worry....

you need to rent a furnished apartment at least, we did that... i only bought foodstuffs.. we had the basic things you can think of...infact we went we some have used items and foods stuffs, that gave us a soft landing, we didint need to rush to Convinient stores immediately to start spending except for water and fresh milk :p..Note that water is very expensive..infact the plastic water bottle is more expensive than water itself ;D ;D.........
Hey just wondering, Calgarians drink water directly from tap, don't they? So it doesn't matter if bottled water is expensive.

I believe that is one of the many advantages of the first world. But In my country if you drink tap water you could die!

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Mbaka said:
Dear Sweetypal,

No need to worry....

Settlement workers are super helpful!... please dont miss them..any info is value adding...hey!! they are free!!! so why not have them so that they give you more info...

For my appointment... i got it before boarding...yes i did.. i called.. i mailed and i got my appointment while in the middle east... :p :p..

they will ask you ur landing date, kids name and all the vital infos... go ahead and give them.. it does not matter...just like i said we landed on the 17th of dec and our appointment was schaduled for 18th.. 8:15am..it was tiring but we had to go...and that made it quite easy for us and the kids started school immediately...
Sent you a pm.

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
belle_mx said:
Hey just wondering, Calgarians drink water directly from tap, don't they? So it doesn't matter if bottled water is expensive.

I believe that is one of the many advantages of the first world. But In my country if you drink tap water you could die!
;D ;D ;D ;D

thats true ....its our choice to make though...

kumars.aman

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
05-09-14
Med's Done....
13-09-14
Passport Req..
28-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-15
LANDED..........
31-03-15
Good to see a Calgary group.

I am planning to land in March End or April 1st Week.

Will get passport back with Visa by next 5 days max,

Thanks