+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

calculation of experience

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
i started working in feb 2008 & applied for the work permit immediately which i got only in nov 2008...now am i eligible now or 'll be eligible in nov only?

my question is

whether my experience will be counted from feb 2008 or nov 2009?

ahujahps

J-Do

Jun 19, 2010
when did you graduate from your canadian program? if you graduated before feburary, then your experience during feburary and onwards may qualify, and if not, it doesn't count.
note that the day of graduation is equivalent to the day when you completed all your graduation requirement.

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
i came as a visitor and got the job proposal which i accepted and applied immediately for the change of status & my application for the change of status was accepted but it took more than 9 months ..wud that period will be counted as experience or not

thanx anyways

J-Do

Jun 19, 2010
if you obtained your work permit prior to Feburary (that is, prior to the date you started working), then the experience from Feburary and onwards will count, and if not(ie started job before getting work permit), it won't.

CIC website explicitly states that only work experiences obtained under "legal status"(study permit, work permit, etc) will count.

you cannot work in canada with visitor's visa