+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating processing time

Zues_god

Oct 23, 2018
When does the processing time of the refugee resettlement application start?

Is it from the moment the application was sent or is it when the G-number is issued OR finally is it when uci gets issued?

Zues_god

Oct 23, 2018
Is there anyone else who differs from the prior answer?
Appliication received/G number/uci????? Which one determines the processing time in the refugee outside Canada's application. For instance from turkey etc.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014

Is it from the moment the application was sent or is it when the G-number is issued OR finally is it when uci gets issued?
We submitted the application for group of 5 sponsorship in May 2018
Received the acknowledgment of receipt email in July 2018
Received the application approved in Canada and forwarded to the responsible embassy overseas in October 2018.
Next waiting for interview appointment, medical, background check.....

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014

We did receive G application number July 2018.

What is your timeline and what is your application status now?

Zues_god

Oct 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me how processing time of refugees outside Canada is calculated?
If the G number is issued after months of the actual submission of the application, will the time start from G number or the actual submission of the application?

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Can anyone tell me how processing time of refugees outside Canada is calculated?
If the G number is issued after months of the actual submission of the application, will the time start from G number or the actual submission of the application?
I believe that time starts when your file is transferred to the embassy outside of Canada

I got the G number in July for application submitted in May 2018.
I got approval from within Canada and file transferred to overseas embassy in October 2018

Online, i checked the status of the application and it says "We have started processing your application in October"

Zues_god

Oct 23, 2018
I believe that time starts when your file is transferred to the embassy outside of Canada

I got the G number in July for application submitted in May 2018.
I got approval from within Canada and file transferred to overseas embassy in October 2018

Online, i checked the status of the application and it says "We have started processing your application in October"
What will you say about this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

I am quoting:
"processing time starts the day we receive a complete application".....
Further it says:
"If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application."

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
What will you say about this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

I am quoting:
"processing time starts the day we receive a complete application".....
Further it says:
"If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application."
I stated what I saw on my online application status.

What you have provided could be right too.