+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating (1560 Hrs) for temporary public policy.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Temporary public policies says the following:
To calculate your hours of work experience
  • count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
My question is: Can one ONLY use 30 hrs max for a week ? If so, then where does this clarifies ?

Thank you in advance :)

dainte58945

Apr 26, 2021
There is no mention of hours calculation for the temporary public policies. Applicants are following the requirements of the federal skilled workers & Canadian experience category. Canada and ircc set forth the basic requirements of work experience calculation and this is the standard across the country from ircc webpage-
full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
IRCC don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
There is no mention of hours calculation for the temporary public policies. Applicants are following the requirements of the federal skilled workers & Canadian experience category. Canada and ircc set forth the basic requirements of work experience calculation and this is the standard across the country from ircc webpage-
full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
What about following the hours given on your ROE?

epic_within

May 13, 2021
Temporary public policies says the following:

My question is: Can one ONLY use 30 hrs max for a week ? If so, then where does this clarifies ?

Thank you in advance :)
I (and many others) have the same doubt. IRCC hasn't been clear about this. I believe the only requirement for counting of hours is that 1,560 hours must be laid out over at least one year (and not any less than that say 1,560 in 6 months)

Here's a screenshot of IRCC's reply to the query:

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
But in an another program named: Health-care workers permanent residence pathway >>> in eligibility requirement it says:
Amount of time in a qualifying job
While working at a qualifying job, you must meet 2 requirements:
  1. Between March 13 and August 14, 2020, you worked for at least 120 hours.
  2. Before August 31, 2021, you have a total work experienceof either
    • full-time work: 30 hours a week for 6 months
    • part-time work: 750 part-time hours
How to calculate your work experience

Include all the hours you worked up to August 31, 2021, in your total work experience.
  • Include the 120 hours worked between March 13 and August 14, 2020, in your total.
You don’t need to have worked your hours consecutively (in one period). Your hours will count even if
  • you took breaks or vacations
  • you changed jobs and there was a period you didn’t work
Doesn't this means that each different program has its own different eligibility requirement for work experience ?

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
I (and many others) have the same doubt. IRCC hasn't been clear about this. I believe the only requirement for counting of hours is that 1,560 hours must be laid out over at least one year (and not any less than that say 1,560 in 6 months)

Here's a screenshot of IRCC's reply to the query:
If there's doubt among many, then I think that IRCC must make this update in the program guide.

Anyways, thank you for the screenshot :)