+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS waiting time and 2nd attempt

Sopperfect

Jun 29, 2017
After rejection, everybody wants to apply for CAIPS/GCMS to know the detailed refusal reason but we hesitate because it takes 30-35 days to receive the CAIPS report. We are all in a hurry and busy in preparing for the 2nd attempt as time is very limited and there is a small time gap in the intake sessions. We think that spending money on caips is a waste of money/time. We attempt to apply for study permit again based onthe limited information that was ticked in the rejection letter. 75% of the time, the study permit is again refused in the 2nd attempt with the SAME rejection reason. I believe, it is wise to apply for CAIPS and retry once you receive the complete report and prepare a good explaination letter. It is OK to miss one intake session rather than having 2 rejections on your file. I know most of us are worried about the money that is stuck in the college but money will anyways be wasted if you get rejected again.

If you cant wait, then apply for study permit 2nd attempt as well as CAIPS at the same time. By the time, you get your visa result, you will also get your CAIPS. If you get the visa, then ignore the CAIPS report. If you get rejected again, then you atleast know the detailed reason for the first rejection. We spend thousands of dollars to get a study permit but cant spend $15 (caipsgcms.com) to get CAIPS??

Last edited:

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Yes, there is huge difference in the reason that is ticked in the letter and actual CAIPS. Now in my letter of explaination, I can focus on the biggest issue, i.e., gap in education as per the CAIPS notes. With the rejection letter, it is difficult to judge what the visa office was thinking while rejecting. CAIPS helps.

In my rejection letter they ticked :
Other reasons:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

In CAIPS, they wrote (some personal reasons deleted ) -
PA is a single seeking a SP to complete a one-year post graduate Human Resources Management program at Centennial College. . PA graduated with an MBA (Second Class) from University in 2014. PA mark sheets show that she was a consistently marginal student during his course of undergraduate study, with a significant number of fails (14). PA notes employment. Receipt for tuition fees covering first semester of program on file. PA has met the minimum IELTS and academic requirements for unconditional entry to the intended program. GIC on file. Statement of purpose reviewed and considered.

However, the gap between completion of PA's credential in 2014 and proposed course of study in Cda in 2017 is of concern and proposed course of study is not a logical progression from the PA's completed credential and work experience. It is not evident why the PA would pursue such a course of study in Cda at such great expense at this time. Based on the above, on balance, I am not satisfied that proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications/educational background. Iam not satisfied this applicant is a bona fide student. Weighing the

information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1)

(b) of IRPA. Refused.

Reactions: navid.shuvro

Farhan patel

Feb 9, 2017
Yes, there is huge difference in the reason that is ticked in the letter and actual CAIPS. Now in my letter of explaination, I can focus on the biggest issue, i.e., gap in education as per the CAIPS notes. With the rejection letter, it is difficult to judge what the visa office was thinking while rejecting. CAIPS helps.

Other reasons:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

PA is a single seeking a SP to complete a one-year post graduate Human Resources Management program at Centennial College. . PA graduated with an MBA (Second Class) from University in 2014. PA mark sheets show that she was a consistently marginal student during his course of undergraduate study, with a significant number of fails (14). PA notes employment. Receipt for tuition fees covering first semester of program on file. PA has met the minimum IELTS and academic requirements for unconditional entry to the intended program. GIC on file. Statement of purpose reviewed and considered.

However, the gap between completion of PA's credential in 2014 and proposed course of study in Cda in 2017 is of concern and proposed course of study is not a logical progression from the PA's completed credential and work experience. It is not evident why the PA would pursue such a course of study in Cda at such great expense at this time. Based on the above, on balance, I am not satisfied that proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications/educational background. Iam not satisfied this applicant is a bona fide student. Weighing the

information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1)

(b) of IRPA. Refused.
I think you are refused beacause of Low academic in undergraduate study and Low mark.. Gap is also a big factor but Low academic and ielts are big concern in your Rejection.. So focus more on that.. I was rejected last month i will get the CAIPS within 3 Days.. Let see what happens..

Sopperfect

Jun 29, 2017
I think you are refused beacause of Low academic in undergraduate study and Low mark.. Gap is also a big factor but Low academic and ielts are big concern in your Rejection.. So focus more on that.. I was rejected last month i will get the CAIPS within 3 Days.. Let see what happens..
Yes, let me know what you see in your CAIPS

arpitp10

Jul 17, 2017

Other reasons:

(b) of IRPA. Refused.
Hey. Can you let me know the website through which you applied for CAIPS? I am a bit confused between a few. I was also rejected for "Other Reasons." Thanks!

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Yes me too. Will go for the basic one for now and think about getting the special one later if needed. Thanks!
You would not even need the special one if you can write a good explaination letter explaining every rejection point from your CAIPS report. This site also has a good section that provides tips on what to include in the letter. You have to check their notes section, https://caipsgcms.com/notes/. I hope they had more tips there.

Reactions: Faisal44

arpitp10

Jul 17, 2017
You would not even need the special one if you can write a good explaination letter explaining every rejection point from your CAIPS report. This site also has a good section that provides tips on what to include in the letter. You have to check their notes section, https://caipsgcms.com/notes/. I hope they had more tips there.
I see. I went through the link which you mentioned. It's pretty helpful. I'll keep these tips in mind. Although I wish too, that they had more tips like these. Thank you.

rishabhdev

Jul 25, 2017
I think you are refused beacause of Low academic in undergraduate study and Low mark.. Gap is also a big factor but Low academic and ielts are big concern in your Rejection..
hi. can you please mention how to apply for CAIPS as I am not in Canada. Is there any website for this.