+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caip Notes Received - I need help

marrow

Oct 15, 2016
I need some help here..

My study permit got rejected in 2017 and intended on reapplying soon.

I really only wanted to do the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics at Georgian College. However, at the time Georgian suggested that my GPA was too low to get into the Big Data Analytics. They said I should apply for the Computer Programmer Diploma to improve GPA and then proceed to do the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics that I was interested in.

I realize this was a huge mistake from reading the forum. However, I was completely honest and mention all of the above in my SOP at the time.

As of now, my only intention is to get the Data Analytics Certificate in order to get a bigger position with my current employee.

Below was the EXACT information from my Caip Notes.

- No Prior Travel History
- Applied too USA in 2015, refused, declared
- Single Male Late 20s
- Wishes to study in Program Similar to Degree
- Show Evidence of Some Savings
- Has Credit Line
- Current earns 18k CAD
- Has Brother in CAD

- Letter of Support from Brother and Sister in Law in CAD
- No Evidence of Income or Savings provided by hosts to demonstrate the ability to support.

After reviewing the documentation, specifically the applicants personal assets or the overall proof of fund demonstrated for either of the applicants and/or their host, the strength of the applicant ties to their home country, and the applicant's prior travel history, I am not satisfied that the PA is a BF Temporary Resident who will depart Canada after an authorized period of time.

- Type of Application: Student Application
- Applicant Holds a valid LOA from designated learning institution: Yes
- Is this a co-op program: Yes
- Applicant has submitted Police Certificates: Yes
- Source of Fund: Self, Brother.
- Letter of Support from Sponsor on file: Yes
- Evidence of Funds on file: Payment to School 2,500 CAD, Applicant's Savings Account - 17,200CAD, Brother Savings Account: 26,293 CAD.
- Total Estimated Expenses for one year of study: $24,173 CAD.
- Applicant appears to have sufficient funds available for one year academic program: Yes:
- Medical appears to be required: No
- Accompanying family members: No
- All other required documents on file: Yes
--------------------------------

Fast Forward to 2019, do I stand a chance of getting the study permit now? Let's review the changes.

No Prior Travel History:
I was denied a US visa in 2015, it was declared on my previous application. My Canadian study permit was denied on December 15, 2017. I reapplied for the USA visa on December 17, 2017 and received it on December 22nd, 2017. I've since traveled twice to the USA in 2018.

Single Male in Late 20s:
I was involved in an 8-year relationship and at the time of my previous application, I was still going through the process of recovering so my status was single. I've since moved on with my life and current involved in a serious relationship; not yet married though.

Wishes to Study in Program Similar to his Bachelor Degree:
On my previous application in 2017, my intention was to do the Computer Programmer Diploma and then the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics at Georgian College. However, that route might have appeared as if I wanted to pursue a similar program as my current degree but that wasn’t the case. This was the option presented to me at the time by Georgian College and I opted for it with excitement.

Upon rejection of my previous application, I started to look at options that would provide me with a direct path to the graduate certificate I’m interested in. I realized that Durham College had new program Data Analytics for Decision Making launching in 2018 so I waited. The new graduate certificate in Data Analytics for Decision Making for 1 year (2 semesters) at Durham College is exactly I wanted to do. I applied and got accepted.

My current job title (Data Analyst) and my degree (Bsc in Computing & Infomation Technology) are directly related to the graduate certificate in Data Analytics that I am applying for. It's the next step in the process towards becoming a Data Scientist.

Shows Evidence of Some Savings:
At the time of my previous application, I was only able to save 17,200CAD up to that point towards completing this study and my brother would have provided 26,293 CAD.

My current employee rewarded me with an increase in salary in 2018 from 18,000 CAD (amount noted on my previous application) to 28,000 CAD. I invested in some other business ventures over the period with extra cash and I have saved over 28,000 CAD dollars this time around towards my studies.

Line of Credit:
A loan was taken out in 2017 before my application to facilitate the burial of my sister. The payment of the loan was stretch over a particular period of time. This line of credit was noted on my last application. I've since repaid it.

Has a Brother in Canada:
I declared that I had a brother in Canada last. I was told he could not at the time stand as sponsor for me because he wasn't in possession of a PR Card. However, he's now the holder of a PR card.

No Evidence of Income or Saving provided by Host:
I'm not sure what to make of this statement. They noted that my brother didn't provide any Bank Statment but the summary section quoted the exact amount that was on the Bank Statement at the time.

The strength of the applicant's ties to their home country:
What else can be used to prove more ties? I have a son, a job for 3 years and a startup company (business registration etc was provided).

I am not satisfied that the PA is a BF temporary Resident:
What else can be done here prove this?

The Study Plan was on my previous application was 7 pages.
Topics covered were:
Future Plans
Travel History
Why Georgian College?
Why Canada?
Why was that program chosen.
How does the program relates to my job and previous education.

I just want to know if I am missing out something, what else can be provided and do you think I will get the study permit now?