+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CA WP Approved, Passport submission in different country than country of application/residence

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

Need some guidance on my situation. My Canada WP got approved and they have asked to submit my Passport for visa stamping. Now while application, I had mentioned my country of residence as India but now I have to fly to USA immediately for work purposes for 2-3 months.

My question is can i submit my passport in NY VFS for the visa stamping because I will have to leave this week and I cannot submit the passport in India (because it will take at least 10 days to get it back). If I can submit in NY, is there any process that I will have to do? - like update my CIC account with details etc?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
I had this resolved. For those who face this issue in future (from India to USA):

Send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca mentioning that your visa was approved in India but you have to travel to New York and asking if you can submit your passport in New York for stamping.
Wait for their confirmation. They usually reply in affirmative within two days.
If approved in another country, please check CIC website for email address.

All the Best!

Deepak@IN06

Mar 22, 2019
I had this resolved. For those who face this issue in future (from India to USA):

Send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca mentioning that your visa was approved in India but you have to travel to New York and asking if you can submit your passport in New York for stamping.
Wait for their confirmation. They usually reply in affirmative within two days.
If approved in another country, please check CIC website for email address.

All the Best!
Hi. So finally, They can do stamping in different country. Right ?