+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CA from India and CFA from US considered as professional degree

MdShahid444

Dec 2, 2019
Dear Friends,

I would like to know if the Chartered Accountant (CA) degree from India and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from US will be considered as professional degree for the purpose of permanent resident application in Canada. If not then in which category these degrees will come under

Thank you for the upcoming answers in advance.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
I would like to know if the Chartered Accountant (CA) degree from India and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from US will be considered as professional degree for the purpose of permanent resident application in Canada. If not tmy ip birthday wishes tneb category these degrees will come under

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No it will not be considered professional degrees. Professional degrees are degrees that allow you to become a doctor, lawyer, pharmacist, dentist, etc.

Reactions: MdShahid444

MdShahid444

Dec 2, 2019
No it will not be considered professional degrees. Professional degrees are degrees that allow you to become a doctor, lawyer, pharmacist, dentist, etc.
Thank you @canuck78 for your kind reply. One follow up question to this. Then under which category would these degrees fall under so that CRS points can be accordingly calculated. Thank you once again. Cheers to you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you @canuck78 for your kind reply. One follow up question to this. Then under which category would these degrees fall under so that CRS points can be accordingly calculated. Thank you once again. Cheers to you.
Usually CFA and CA certification are not considered degrees. They are professional certifications. Will see if others were able to claim the certifications as actual degrees but based on my recollection you can’t claim them as another degree.

MdShahid444

Dec 2, 2019
Usually CFA and CA certification are not considered degrees. They are professional certifications. Will see if others were able to claim the certifications as actual degrees but based on my recollection you can’t claim them as another degree.
Thank you for clarifying professional certifications. Since I have a bachelor’s degree, so can my level of education be considered as “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years” as I have a bachelor’s degree (of 3 years) followed by two professional certifications (Indian CFA and US CFA).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for clarifying professional certifications. Since I have a bachelor’s degree, so can my level of education be considered as “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years” as I have a bachelor’s degree (of 3 years) followed by two professional certifications (Indian CFA and US CFA).
You should make a post with the title asking if CFA was reassessed as a diploma. I was under the impression that CFA doesn’t count it is really just exams not a degree program. Don’t think you’ll be able to count both CFAs if you can just one.

kunley

May 20, 2014
You should make a post with the title asking if CFA was reassessed as a diploma. I was under the impression that CFA doesn’t count it is really just exams not a degree program. Don’t think you’ll be able to count both CFAs if you can just one.
I think it should count as degree because ACCA is counted as 4 years degree