+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C1 – ID dilemma

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I have question regards to C1. I am going to apply for citizenship by end of this month. Recently, I have renewed my Health card (back in February).
But I am little bit confused after reading this post “Identity documents renewed 3 months prior to submitting CIT app will trigger an RQ”.

Should I wait until May to avoid RQ or attach following documents with my application?

-Expired Health Card copy.
-Original OHIP record.

Any input highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
CET213.

crocdile

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I renewed all my ID in Dec and applied in January. So is this a new "things" on top of all? So we are not supposed to renew our DL because of the RQ? I am loving this country every single day...

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
Even I wasn't sure but after reading another post, topic (24mo backlog in Scarb in May'12, 30% get RQ in Van), I was little bit confused about recently renewed ID card prior CIT application. Anyway dpenabill gave detail answer to my query.
Good luck to all.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crocdile said:
I renewed all my ID in Dec and applied in January. So is this a new "things" on top of all? So we are not supposed to renew our DL because of the RQ? I am loving this country every single day...
It may be suspicious because maybe you just entered Canada to file a citizenship application and got some ID's for that, never actually lived in Canada.

The full triage criteria is here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-requirements-checklist-reasons-for-a-residence-questionnaire-t131555.0.html

The most wild are:

A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.

Because lots of people have been unemployed during 4 years at some point or may have got or renewed ID's, that having little to do with residency directly, RQ may come as surprise.

From recently released CIC emails follows that criteria seem to be applied mechanically. Though there's hope CIC is reviewing the process, but we don't know what's going on inside CIC.

But I see you've found strength to apply! Take it easy, everything will be fine. :)

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
crocdile said:
Hi crocdile, I am in a very similar situation (renewing my driver's licence just three weeks before application to CIC). I am also including a photocopy of old licence, health card and a new (oops :( ) BCID.
How is your application going?