+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C. Skill Transferability factors

Apr 13, 2015
I am confuse about how to calculate points for this section and who is eligible?

C. Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

1) With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50 -> There are already points provided for Education under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too?

With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience 50 -> There are already points provided for work experience under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too?

With good/strong official languages proficiency and a certificate of qualification 50 -> What is this and who is eligible to add these 50 points?

My details :
I am 29 years old Female, Single, from outside Canada. Never studied or worked in Canada. IELTS bands CLB 8, CLB 8, CLB 9, CLB 9.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
mittalthoria86 said:
I am confuse about how to calculate points for this section and who is eligible?

1) With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50 -> There are already points provided for Education under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too?

With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience 50 -> There are already points provided for work experience under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too?

With good/strong official languages proficiency and a certificate of qualification 50 -> What is this and who is eligible to add these 50 points?

My details :
I am 29 years old Female, Single, from outside Canada. Never studied or worked in Canada. IELTS bands CLB 8, CLB 8, CLB 9, CLB 9.

Any help will be appreciat
ed.
Thank you in advance.
First of all, how many years of foreign work experience do you have? You get the maximum points for CRS with at least CLB 9 in all four parts of the test and at least 3 years of foreign work experience.

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
naija-kanadian said:
First of all, how many years of foreign work experience do you have? You get the maximum points for CRS with at least CLB 9 in all four parts of the test and at least 3 years of foreign work experience.
Sorry, I meant maximum points for skill transferability factor

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
you need to make sure that your job duties and experience correspond to the NOC code you are applying under.

Apr 13, 2015
Yes. I have studied Computer Engineering and have been working as a Software Developer through out 8 years of Experience. NOC code : 2174.

How may points can i score under Skill Transferability now?

Nighthare

Apr 1, 2015
You could try to use CRS calculator for mobile from this forum (search for mobile app to check draws ) or using cic crs calculator on official site (can't post link for some reason)

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
mittalthoria86 said:
Yes. I have studied Computer Engineering and have been working as a Software Developer through out 8 years of Experience. NOC code : 2174.

How may points can i score under Skill Transferability now?
you would get the max, 50 points (I think)

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
mittalthoria86 said:

1) With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50 -> There are already points provided for Education under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too? (You would get 13 (as you only have ONE post secondary credential), because you don't have CLB 9 in each of the four IELTS sections)

With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience 50 -> There are already points provided for work experience under section "A. Core / human capital factors" Then who will be eligible to add these 50 points too? No Canadian work ex = NO POINTS HERE, but you get 25 points as it is again not CLB 9 or more in each section

With good/strong official languages proficiency and a certificate of qualification 50 -> What is this and who is eligible to add these 50 points? NO Certificate, NO POINTS

My details :

Thank you in advance.
Hence, in total, you are getting 13+25 = 38 only in the Skill Transferability

ndynb

Apr 19, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I got the definition of "foreign work experience" right. You know it is a part of the skill transferability factors.
My question is, which one of the following does it mean exactly?
1. work experience out of Canada AND out of your country of origin
2. ANY work experience out of Canada (i.e. including your work experience in your home country as well).

Thank you in advance

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
ndynb said:
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I got the definition of "foreign work experience" right. You know it is a part of the skill transferability factors.
My question is, which one of the following does it mean exactly?
1. work experience out of Canada AND out of your country of origin
2. ANY work experience out of Canada (i.e. including your work experience in your home country as well).

Thank you in advance
any work exp outside Canada

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittalthoria86 said:

My details :

Thank you in advance.
You should get something like this:

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Use CRS calculator for a breakup --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
manojsr said:
You should get something like this:

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25 25 can only be given when one has two or more post-secondary credentials, correct number is 13
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25 (13 is the right figure here)

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50 50 points can only be given to a person having CLB 9 or higher in each section of IELTS, she has CLB 8,8,9,9... Hence, only 25 points..
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75 Hence, 13+25 = 38

Use CRS calculator for a breakup --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
First understand the CRS calculator before using it, here http : / / www . cic . gc . ca / english / express-entry / grid-crs . asp

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhullar28 said:
First understand the CRS calculator before using it, here http : / / www . cic . gc . ca / english / express-entry / grid-crs . asp
Well, I used the CRS calculator to get the points calculated based on the input of Bachelor Degree and the IELTS which showed up the applicable skill transferability factor. May be people who need it can refer to the Grid to understand it.

kaanudo

May 22, 2015
Hello,

I have completed my high school uptil 12th grade. After that I have done diploma in mechanical engineering for 3 years in a university college.

I have applied for Express Entry, but the points are just 263 right now. I got ECA report from (WES) as Secondary School Diploma for 2 years, but the actual thing is I have done 3 years diploma with college certificate. It should come under (Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute) rather than (Secondary diploma (high school graduation)).

I am so disappointed with this. Is there any way to get this things done ? Because if get TWO YEAR PROGRAM AT UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE, TRADE then I can get more 63 points (under human level of education)+ 13 points of (language skill transferability)

Can someone guide me what to do. Its a matter of 76 points. :( :-[ :'(

Thanks