+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BWOP 101 Help

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

Maybe my mind has fried from my express entry application but now that I have recieved my AOR for my application I cant seem to find how exactly I apply for a BWOP permit. It says you can i apply online but bizarrely when i answer the questions I get entry to the IEC program?

I can find a list of requirements on lots of different pages but don't have any idea where to send application/ direct link to the application process.

Have I missed something really obvious!? :eek: I think i def need more sleep right now! Thanks for your help!

marina2909

May 4, 2015
Make sure you satisfy 4 months rule. If your current work permit expires in more then 4 months you cannot apply online. Also scroll down :) It actually happened once to me, after questionnaire, I only saw IEC, below that was another thing.

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeh my visa is out in 3 weeks! I am not sure what to do as everytime i go through the questionaire it just starts another iec application with no mention of a work permit even though i state that im in canada right now :'(

anyone have this issue?

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
rosesuperted said:
yeh my visa is out in 3 weeks! I am not sure what to do as everytime i go through the questionaire it just starts another iec application with no mention of a work permit even though i state that im in canada right now :'(

anyone have this issue?
What do you select when you start your application?
You should select:
What would you like to do in Canada? - Work
How long are you planing to stay? - More than 6 months.

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heres what I answered:

Modify my Answers What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is the country/territory of your passport?
Ireland, Republic of

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

What is your date of birth?

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
No

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable. No Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker
No

Are you a NAFTA trader, investor, intra-company transferee or professional?
No

What is your marital status?
Never Married/Single

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
British Columbia

It then brings me to a page that says I am applicable for an IEC visa? I answered...

Are you applying to work in Canada:
IEC working holiday (including SWAP and GO International)

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

After this I get brought to a page with the 1295form- applying outside of Canada form? And asks for my IEC acceptance? I am going to scrap it and start again and try figure out how to get the IMM5710 form... ???

It doesnt give me an option anywhere to select open work permit? Have I answered something incorrectly?

Any insights would be super!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Have you applied for PR and got your AOR?

If yes then you need to say YES to the question highlighted below.

rosesuperted said:
Heres what I answered:

Modify my Answers What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is the country/territory of your passport?
Ireland, Republic of

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

What is your date of birth?

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
No

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable. No Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker
No

Are you a NAFTA trader, investor, intra-company transferee or professional?
No

What is your marital status?
Never Married/Single

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
British Columbia

It then brings me to a page that says I am applicable for an IEC visa? I answered...

Are you applying to work in Canada:
IEC working holiday (including SWAP and GO International)

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

After this I get brought to a page with the 1295form- applying outside of Canada form? And asks for my IEC acceptance? I am going to scrap it and start again and try figure out how to get the IMM5710 form... ???

It doesnt give me an option anywhere to select open work permit? Have I answered something incorrectly?

Any insights would be super!

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you soooooo much!! I thought that refered to an in office application, amazing, thank you so much :D