+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
Exactly. You can only say i will return to the country other than my country of nationality only if you have status or citizenship. OP speculated going to the UK where he doesnt have any status. That doesnt look good to any VO
OK,will take these factors into consideration,noted,I believe my two page SOP could not address these issues fully.

Kevin_1993

Jul 30, 2021
Thank you so much @Alpha_Wolf for your positive hope and suggestion. I will raise a webform and will update everyone regarding the situation, I hope everyone get their before 6th august. Thank you
Thank you guys for giving me hope. This forum is really helpful. I have received my ppr request on august 1st but my agent informed me today. I was planning to generate the web form today but before I do I got the good news. I really hope and pray that all of you will receive the PPR before 6th of august. Thank you.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you guys for giving me hope. This forum is really helpful. I have received my ppr request on august 1st but my agent informed me today. I was planning to generate the web form today but before I do I got the good news. I really hope and pray that all of you will receive the PPR before 6th of august. Thank you.
Woooohoooo! Congratulations!!!!!

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
Congratulations.

Tanjiro!

Aug 2, 2021
I got my BVL today!
My timeline :
Application submitted : May 28th 2021
Upfront Medical updated : 1 June 2021
Review of eligibility started 2/3 days ago
BVL : 3rd August

This is my second application so biometrics were already done.

My question is, usually if there's an OPR, it comes right after the BVL? Or could it take a few days?

Cause from what I've read in this forum, people usually get refusal if they don't get the PPR immediately after the BVL. Is this true? I'm very much concerned.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Billa Srikar

Jun 29, 2021
I got my BVL today!
My timeline :
Application submitted : May 28th 2021
Upfront Medical updated : 1 June 2021
Review of eligibility started 2/3 days ago
BVL : 3rd August

This is my second application so biometrics were already done.

My question is, usually if there's an OPR, it comes right after the BVL? Or could it take a few days?

Cause from what I've read in this forum, people usually get refusal if they don't get the PPR immediately after the BVL. Is this true? I'm very much concerned.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I received my BVL on 8th July for the submitted application on 12th May. I am still waiting for my OPR. Usually getting BVL means that the decision is made. Whether it's refusal or OPR will be given immediately or later after a month or a week gap. This totally depends on IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the detailed reply. I do not intend to stay in Canada,if that's was the case,I would have done before as per the provisions of R215 of Canadian Immigration and Protection Regulations.

Yes you are correct. I have not got the GCMS notes yet, but you raised very relevant questions, why not study here in Europe, none of these questions are addressed in the SOP.
I find it very unlikely that there are no programs in Europe or I dia that would be comparable to HRM in Canada. If you have no history in HR it would be very difficult to comprehend why someone just completed a masters and already have another masters and worked for a very short period of time and now wants to get into HRM and then do another masters.

Johnson112

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
I received my BVL on 8th July for the submitted application on 12th May. I am still waiting for my OPR. Usually getting BVL means that the decision is made. Whether it's refusal or OPR will be given immediately or later after a month or a week gap. This totally depends on IRCC.
its been over a month for me...

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
I find it very unlikely that there are no programs in Europe or I dia that would be comparable to HRM in Canada. If you have no history in HR it would be very difficult to comprehend why someone just completed a masters and already have another masters and worked for a very short period of time and now wants to get into HRM and then do another masters.
Hey, thanks for your reply. You have asked a very valid question. There are many programs in HR across Europe & India.

Based on the research I did, most HR programs across Europe, at postgraduate level, even if I see from the perspective of an international student from India planning to stay in Europe, these HR programs require me to have studied courses at least multiple credits in Business & Management at Bachelor's level.

My Bachelor's degree in Anthropology from India does not make eligible to get admission in most places in Europe, including in Sweden, because of high entry requirements.

If we look at the masters program in HR available across Canada, as far as I have seen,I am again not eligible because of no prior experience in courses at least multiple credits in Business & Management at Bachelor's level.

I briefly mentioned in SOP because I cannot make into technically every masters program in HR both across Europe & Canada, I chose Seneca College for postgraduate certificate in HR.I mentioned after studying at Seneca, I would be able to fulfil entry requirements for Master's degrees in HR across Europe and talked about Seneca's partner university in UK.

Reactions: terki
Aug 3, 2021
I received my Bvl on 28th June and since then the wait for result doesn't seem to end..
Had even called ircc a week back, they said that I had cleared the eligibility criteria and may soon expect a result but they neither gave a tentative date nor they guaranteed a ppr.. They just said it's most likely you'll get but not 100% sure..
Life is in dilemma.. They should atleast release the result cause if their is rejection we'll have ample time to apply again... But making us wait nd a refusal would be heart breaking..

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
you will leave Canada to UK (where you actually cannot)
@MZHSECA As others have said your SOP has flaws. And there is no limitation on number of pages of SOP, I think mine was 5-6 pages long where I explained my complex situation.

And long time ago, I have applied to country A while stating that I will be going to country B afterwards (both A and B are developed countries and not my native countries, similar to your case). But in my case I already held temporary visa for country B and I also attached proof of flight out of country A to country B along with other supporting documents and hence I got visa approval. As others have mentioned, you have no definite proof you will go to UK. You don't have college admission in UK, not even temp visa status in UK, no home or any ties to UK. Simply saying you will go to UK after Canada is an empty promise.

I recommend you reapply, spend money on IRCC consultant who can help you correct your SOP. One thing is clear, you have been a bonafide student in the past, which is a plus for you and I am sure you will get it. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: MZHSECA

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
@MZHSECA As others have said your SOP has flaws. And there is no limitation on number of pages of SOP, I think mine was 5-6 pages long where I explained my complex situation.

And long time ago, I have applied to country A while stating that I will be going to country B afterwards (both A and B are developed countries and not my native countries, similar to your case). But in my case I already held temporary visa for country B and I also attached proof of flight out of country A to country B along with other supporting documents and hence I got visa approval. As others have mentioned, you have no definite proof you will go to UK. You don't have college admission in UK, not even temp visa status in UK, no home or any ties to UK. Simply saying you will go to UK after Canada is an empty promise.

I recommend you reapply, spend money on IRCC consultant who can help you correct your SOP. One thing is clear, you have been a bonafide student in the past, which is a plus for you and I am sure you will get it. Good luck!
Perfect, thanks for your kind hearted suggestions.