+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
In the past, BVL always preceded a rejection at a few minutes apart or within 48 hours. However, if it is approved the PPR can actually take a few weeks/months. This is how people concluded that a decision has been made. This is not backed by any documented process by IRCC and only an observation. We don't know if they might have actually changed their process as some people including me have received BVL after 4-7 days of application. So either we are instantly rejected or something else. Only time will tell.
Just a theory - may be it's the bots now doing the stuff that could be done without manual intervention (except the review of eligibility which is started automatically by the bot but will be concluded by a reviewing officer later on as approval/rejection) especially from the high demand areas (India, China etc.)
Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/use-computer-analytics-ircc-programs.html

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Just a theory - may be it's the bots now doing the stuff that could be done without manual intervention (except the review of eligibility which is started automatically by the bot but will be concluded by a reviewing officer later on as approval/rejection) especially from the high demand areas (India, China etc.)
Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/use-computer-analytics-ircc-programs.html
Also with the current trends, we really can’t compare them with the previous trends of receiving BVL + refusal or BVL + PPR together. In Pakistan and some Middle eastern applications there were no decisions for 2-3 weeks where people received BVLs and ghost updates after ghost updates, some even had their eligibility reversed and then back, but once they started giving out decisions, there were both refusals and PPRs. Unfortunately we all are stuck at that phase too. Nothing can be guessed at this point.
let’s just keep updating here if we see anyone from India getting PPR or refusal.

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Also with the current trends, we really can’t compare them with the previous trends of receiving BVL + refusal or BVL + PPR together. In Pakistan and some Middle eastern applications there were no decisions for 2-3 weeks where people received BVLs and ghost updates after ghost updates, some even had their eligibility reversed and then back, but once they started giving out decisions, there were both refusals and PPRs. Unfortunately we all are stuck at that phase too. Nothing can be guessed at this point.
let’s just keep updating here if we see anyone from India getting PPR or refusal.
Yup. May be this year will set some new examples in the way ircc processes applications that we usually observed in most of the cases. lets see!

Reactions: sqfit

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I can tell you, each VO has its own way of working and different process so not sure if they are even comparable. Although they follow the same core guidelines but the way one VO looks at a file from country A will be totally different from country B by so much that one would result in rejection and other in approval. Classic example you can see from this forum is the applicants from middle East.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
I can tell you, each VO has its own way of working and different process so not sure if they are even comparable. Although they follow the same core guidelines but the way one VO looks at a file from country A will be totally different from country B by so much that one would result in rejection and other in approval. Classic example you can see from this forum is the applicants from middle East.
Absolutely true! I have been a victim of the AUH VO *shudders*. I hope we see the brightest light at the end of this, it’s my second time but from India this time.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hello everyone. So just wanted to check. Under medicals it says you do not need medical, we will let you know if this changes. Is this usual for an SDS application? I thought it is mandatory. I have uploaded a pre medical ar the time of application. I read in some other thread that for some it says your action is required? Can someone clarify. Thanks.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hello everyone. So just wanted to check. Under medicals it says you do not need medical, we will let you know if this changes. Is this usual for an SDS application? I thought it is mandatory. I have uploaded a pre medical ar the time of application. I read in some other thread that for some it says your action is required? Can someone clarify. Thanks.
It is normal, and will eventually change to 'You passed the medical exam' if you have a valid medical exam done within past 12 months and you have uploaded that eUMI sheet while applying.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
It is normal, and will eventually change to 'You passed the medical exam' if you have a valid medical exam done within past 12 months and you have uploaded that eUMI sheet while applying.
Same for biometrics? Because I got my BVL but the status still says “you do not need”. That’s okay right?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Same for biometrics? Because I got my BVL but the status still says “you do not need”. That’s okay right?
Yes. In my previous year's approved application, it said "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes" till November when the passport was actually stamped and it changed to "March XX, 2020 Completed" along with Background check "March XX, 2020 Your background check was completed".

All that changed to completed in back date (initial date of lodging my application) only in November when visa was stamped. And this year, also, even after receiving BVL, the biometrics says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes". Guess the history will repeat itself.

Reactions: dogmom

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Thanks. I seriously don't understand why they cant put correct statements in the updates. They can simply add we are yet to receive or we will let you know once we update, etc. By saying we don't need it simply is a wrong statement as it is mandatory for SDS applications. Just like for biometrics, if they have it on file simply state you have them on file and is updated, etc than saying we don't need your fingerprints/

Anyways, I keep telling my self to not try to understand the logic IRCC uses it just frustrates me more :)

• Haha
Reactions: rogerdude1

vikkisharma

Jun 15, 2021
Beginning July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. In addition, fully vaccinated travellers arriving by air will not be required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.
To be considered fully vaccinated, a traveller must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).

sourabh0397

Star Member
May 15, 2021
Beginning July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. In addition, fully vaccinated travellers arriving by air will not be required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.
To be considered fully vaccinated, a traveller must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
Yeah but what about the final decisions, when will the vacs function at its full capacity ?

Reactions: MHtoAB

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Sinopharm and Sinovac are WHO approved and not on the list. I am fully vaccinated with Sinovac and this leaves a person like me nowhere.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
I am fully vaccinated with Sinovac and this leaves a person like me nowhere.
You can still go there and you need to go for federal quarantine and home quarantine and COVID test on end of it.