+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying house on Workpermit with 5% downpayment?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do trust your words! We are already in the dip. Buy low (now) sell high later
We are not in a dip. Businesses have only started closing, CERB is still active and people still maybe exhausting their savings. Mortgage holidays will not go on forever. The true state of the economy will be clear in 6-12 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are not in a dip. Businesses have only started closing, CERB is still active and people still maybe exhausting their savings. Mortgage holidays will not go on forever. The true state of the economy will be clear in 6-12 months.
Yes, we are in a dip. At least for the Alberta market.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
First time home buyers, DO NOT THINK TWICE!! This is the best time to buy if you have a steady income job. Fixed 5 years is at 1.79% in Quebec. If not condo then go for a town house. There will bidding wars soon as we are seeing in toronto now.
Quebec ! What a worst province to be in if you are not a pure laine or white. The racism and xenophobia in Quebec is open and unchecked. Supported by a center right CAQ party. It would be a disastrous move in the long term to settle down in Quebec if you are high skilled & well educated immigrant. Separation calls are stronger than ever and the CAQ and mandated the language police again to enforce French only even at Federal offices in Quebec. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quebec ! What a worst province to be in if you are not a pure laine or white. The racism and xenophobia in Quebec is open and unchecked. Supported by a center right CAQ party. It would be a disastrous move in the long term to settle down in Quebec if you are high skilled & well educated immigrant. Separation calls are stronger than ever and the CAQ and mandated the language police again to enforce French only even at Federal offices in Quebec. Good luck.
There are very little talk of separation.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It is not red alert bad to be so worried! I'm with the right wing government with whatever policies they have as it is based on the majority's interest. People who choose quebec should be aware of this reality and CHOOSE to adapt to it. I think everyone who wish to move to quebec should make an effort to learn french and try and be bilingual. I feel we cannot deny majority population's choice of language and culture.

Racism is everywhere and is visible when your social uncomfortability level crosses "your" definition of limit. Until you are comfortable with your surroundings strong racism also goes unnoticed.

Also CAQ govt may or may not be elected again and so the forceful language rules can change in the coming years. But it is not fair nor correct to force to change what majority population of quebec wants thier future to be which is quebec culture not disturbed where french language is a must.

The colonial tool of conquer which is kill the native language by making english a must worked in many places around the world but not in some like India and Quebec. I know prosperity in todays world is only if we know english language to compete globally but that should not be by replacing native language. For this reason I feel hard french language rules are a must to protect native culture while submitting younger generations cognitive skills based only on english language in the name of global economic prosperity.

Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
It is not red alert bad to be so worried! I'm with the right wing government with whatever policies they have as it is based on the majority's interest. People who choose quebec should be aware of this reality and CHOOSE to adapt to it. I think everyone who wish to move to quebec should make an effort to learn french and try and be bilingual. I feel we cannot deny majority population's choice of language and culture.

Racism is everywhere and is visible when your social uncomfortability level crosses "your" definition of limit. Until you are comfortable with your surroundings strong racism also goes unnoticed.

Also CAQ govt may or may not be elected again and so the forceful language rules can change in the coming years. But it is not fair nor correct to force to change what majority population of quebec wants thier future to be which is quebec culture not disturbed where french language is a must.

The colonial tool of conquer which is kill the native language by making english a must worked in many places around the world but not in some like India and Quebec. I know prosperity in todays world is only if we know english language to compete globally but that should not be by replacing native language. For this reason I feel hard french language rules are a must to protect native culture while submitting younger generations cognitive skills based only on english language in the name of global economic prosperity.
Astutely and sapiently very well said then.
Say, Thou art is the master of erudition then.

Meilleurs voeux.™️