+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buying a house in Canada

Discussion in 'Housing' started by kayacetinsu, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Hi everybody,

one of my family members in home country is keen to buy a house in Canada and become a Canadian citizen. This person would get a visitor visa to come here for the house. i am not sure what are the limitations buying a house in Canada to be a citizen. Could anybody explain to me?

2. Are you implying you can somehow become eligible to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency or Citizenship by owning property in Canada ? I don't think that's possible.

More here
    http://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/international-buyer-guide

3. Buying a house in Canada does not get you Canadian citizenship. It doesn't even get you permanent residency status.

4. Thank you all. I got it.

5. It's possible that it might be detrimental to obtaining a visitor visa as well, due to the increased ties with Canada.

6. Actually a buyer can buy a house in Canada without coming here for the house. Problem solved...

7. maybe, but my question is if the buyer becomes Canadian citizenship under this condition.

8. No. See scylla's response.

9. yes I know. i just wanted to emphasize the question. so, no matter if a house is bought in Canada. to be specific, when you buy a house somewhere, some of the countries give you a citizenship.

10. By the way, thank you for answering.

11. Canada is not one of those countries.

12. I have already gotten your response. thank you.

13. They surely wont get a mortgage on the house. They'd have to be cash buyers.

14. Why not? It's up to the bankers.

15. Many banks are happy to provide mortgages to overseas buyers so long as they can put 35% down.