WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
ALRIVAS said:
2 weeks ago I had a meeting with a Financial institution that specializes in newcomers if you come from countries with credit record such as the US,Australia,etc. you might qualify for 0 down payment,5% or 10% with only a year in the country.
Hi,

Is that a reputable institution? What do you need to qualify? I may have close to 15% of a downpayment depending on the value of the property, but with the small income I'm earning I doubt I qualify for anything... But I'm open to hear about different options if they're trustworthy.

Thanks.

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Hi I'm sorry to replay so late I didn't see this post.
Yes is a financial institution that only does mortgages and mortgages only.
I don't work with banks banks=headaches.

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
so... what do you need to qualify? and why banks=headaches?

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Banks like to play games in order to offer you their discount interest rate they first offer their posted rates then when you go to a different bank they will offer a better rate until you get their discount rate by that time your credit has been checked 3 times or more.
My advice is go to a mortgage broker they work for you is free and you will always get the best rate available.
Normally brokers work with Financial institutions that when you call them with any question you have they know everything about your mortgage if you call the bank for your mortgage they will transfer you around until you get to that department.
Don't forget to visit my site for more info specially if you are a first time home buyer.
alrivas .com

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Not sure if somebody can advise if owner of the property will consider to give better discount on the selling price of property if he is offered full payment in cash .

I recently received PR and planning to move to Canada in couple of month.

Aug 29, 2013
Hi;
As a mortgage professional, the best advice I could give you is:
Find a realtor to assist in the negotiating process.

As a buyer, it costs you nothing to enlist their services.
As a buyer who can offer to purchase a home with no conditions, your offer will be favourably received in comparison to a buyer who has financing conditions. This is especially true when a seller has had offers which have fallen through in the past.
I hope this helps. Good Luck!

preeti22

Jul 3, 2013
If you are thinking of buying house in canada then i will suggest you to buy in vaughan city.one of the most beautiful city in canada as it has wonderful neighborhoods and very affordable real estates.

Arhsub

Oct 13, 2013
steaky said:
You don't need a SIN. You can get TTN (temporary tax number) from the CRA though. It replace the SIN until you get a PR.

Although you have no job, you still could be in the mortgage. Just check with banks.

As a home owner, you might also need to pay utilities (such as water and garbage removal) charges to the municipal government.

Yeah I agree with Steaky, You don't need a SIN. You can get TTN from the CRA though. It replaces the SIN until you get PR.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
corazon3 said:
This is not the right time to buy a house as the Canadian housing bubble will burst sooner or later.
Interest rates are not set to rise for the next 2 years if at all says the Bank of Canada. Now is the best time to buy a house.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Guys, I see you are experienced in it. What are your thoughts on buying an old house and then renovating it? I did so and now I'm interested who've done the same (because it's not that a popular choice). I found a firm which dealt with a kitchen, bought siding to make the house look like a new one. I think sometimes it's better than buying a new house.
These are discussion in 2013 (6 years old) the real estate market has changed a lot and interest rate isn't raising now...
May be start a new discussion? The location that you are considering make a difference too. I am sure the market in Calgary is very different from that in Toronto.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I see you are experienced in it. What are your thoughts on buying an old house and then renovating it? I did so and now I'm interested who've done the same (because it's not that a popular choice). I found a firm which dealt with a kitchen, bought siding to make the house look like a new one. I think sometimes it's better than buying a new house.
Apart from cheaper than a new house, why do you think it's better?

Let say you renovated the kitchen when you first moved in. One day, one of your bathrooms was leaking and below was your living room's ceiling. Then you would need to repair the plumbing, renovate the bathroom and the ceiling. You might need to worry about asbestos too.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Apart from cheaper than a new house, why do you think it's better?

Let say you renovated the kitchen when you first moved in. One day, one of your bathrooms was leaking and below was your living room's ceiling. Then you would need to repair the plumbing, renovate the bathroom and the ceiling. You might need to worry about asbestos too.
When buying an old house, you need to budget in the repair cost as well. E.g. houses from certain range of build/renov year are most likely to have asbestos. So budget in for the removal if you want renov done in the certain area.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When buying an old house, you need to budget in the repair cost as well. E.g. houses from certain range of build/renov year are most likely to have asbestos. So budget in for the removal if you want renov done in the certain area.
You will need to budget in the repair cost, regardless whether it is a new or an old house.

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
I would buy a new house rather than an old one because if you are a single family like mine or if you would want to do family planning. You would rather spend time with your kid other then spending your days off repairing the old house. No doubt buying a old house gives you leverage over transit and accessability but again is it worth your time? Because here I have seen only dayas you can relax is days off or the vacations that you plan in a year. I would love to spend time with family rather than wasting time in repairs and also if you buy a new house i guess for atleast 10 years you do not have to worry much about repairs.what are your thoughts?? I am planning to buy a house in calgary market seems okie at the moment... also mortgage rates might go down not sure of that though. This year and the next year would be the best time to buy a house here in calgary