+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buy place ticket then apply for a visitor visa or apply for visa then buy ticket

Luval

Jan 20, 2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2020
File Transfer...
03-12-2020
I have always bought my tickets before applying for a visa but I am looking to buy a ticket for someone who may not get their visa approved. tickets are non-refundable where I am buying them. Does it make a difference on them approving the visa if I buy the ticket before or after applying for a visitor visa?

are there companies that cover trip cancellation for 'any reason' for non-canadiana citizens/flights originating from Angola?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luval said:
I have always bought my tickets before applying for a visa but I am looking to buy a ticket for someone who may not get their visa approved. tickets are non-refundable where I am buying them. Does it make a difference on them approving the visa if I buy the ticket before or after applying for a visitor visa?

are there companies that cover trip cancellation for 'any reason' for non-canadiana citizens/flights originating from Angola?
No do not buy non-refundable ticket. Instead you may write a letter with clear travel plans, include dates. You may book hotel and car, if refundable, and include confirmations with application.

Luval

Jan 20, 2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2020
File Transfer...
03-12-2020
Thanks! so i guess there are no companies that cover trip cancellation for 'any reason' in this type of case? We really need to book her ticket asap before it gets really really expensive.

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
You can go to a travel agent and ask for a printed itinerary for the flight. Not sure if they will charge you or not. I already contacted one regarding the same issue as you. They told me you cannot buy a refundable ticket anymore. Reason is. Ppl bought the ticket, got visa, cancelled ticket then bought a cheaper ticket.
Keep us posted please on the status of the visa.