+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buy house in BC

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure. Make sure you get a Canadian lawyer to register your title in the registry. Many realtors come to China to market BC homes (especially in Metro Vancouver and Victoria) and held seminars. Perhaps, you can attend one of those seminars in China and find a lawyer there.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-realtor-going-to-china-to-find-luxury-buyers-1.2693229

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
formalboygirl said:
the bc law won't allow that.
You couldn't buy a BC home doesn't mean the bc law won't allow others to buy a home in BC without coming in here. As I mentioned earlier, they can buy property without going there.

Why don't you attend one of those seminars and see for yourself? Or research if any Canadian (BC) lawyer and BC realtors work/practice outside Canada?

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
You can read about foreign buyers in the newspaper almost every day. So yes, people can buy houses in Canada w/o living here.

In Van we have quite a few houses owned by foreigners not living in the city / country, and the properties they own look really bad and have been empty for month.

I wish they wouldn't sell to non-citizens anymore!

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Ah.. For what I can see Vancouver's houses are one of the best assets at the moment.
A lot of well-being people are now investing in houses and the whole thing is driving the house market to the moon... :'(

The government should protect more such a crucial thing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikalupi said:
The government should protect more such a crucial thing.
The Vancouver mayor seeks to tax empty homes to cool soaring prices:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-07/vancouver-mayor-seeks-to-tax-empty-homes-amid-soaring-prices

However, I don't believe this would work. Lack of supply is the main cause.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Ajit1975 said:
Folks can i buy house in bc for my son to gift without going their.
thanks
Sure you can..just make sure you have at least $1'000'000.00 for Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, even Surrey these days. North Van is expensive, too.. so maybe Mission, Chilliwack or Abbotsford, Langley?

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Lool

Average house price in Van is about 1.8 Million, Condos start at about 500,000. In my area price are pretty much the same.
And NO, the porperties are not worth it. Not at all. So you won't get what you paid for. hahaha

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tri-Cities said:
Lool

Average house price in Van is about 1.8 Million, Condos start at about 500,000. In my area price are pretty much the same.
And NO, the porperties are not worth it. Not at all. So you won't get what you paid for. hahaha
How is properties not worth anything? Three years ago, condos start at about 400,000 and now 500,000. You certainly got what you paid if you sell it today..

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
I didn't say anything!

I just bought a new condo and I know that the price was way too high. Still bought it. True is, the condo will cost more in a year - just like that, without me doing anything. I'm not going to do any upgrades (it's a brandnew condo), there is not golden floor, the lightening is new but simple, the area nothing special - still the price is going up. It has nothing to do with the condo itself - that's what I mean!

We all know whats going on in Van and Toronto.

Prices aren't higher because the houses are worth the price! And on top the personal debt will go up....

Did you watch Michael Moore "Capitalismn - a love story"? One could learn from that but not gonna happen.

:)