+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business VISA

DannielW

Oct 3, 2022
I applied for Business VISA to attend a conference in Canada but was denied a VISA with the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• I am not satisfied that you have a legitimate business purpose in Canada.

Based on the above information,does anyone know if there is a solution to this or if there are other ways I can apply for a visitor visa than through business.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for Business VISA to attend a conference in Canada but was denied a VISA with the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• I am not satisfied that you have a legitimate business purpose in Canada.

Based on the above information,does anyone know if there is a solution to this or if there are other ways I can apply for a visitor visa than through business.
What was the conference and why was your attendance mandatory? Are you a speaker? Did your company pay your fees and all expenses? How long was the conference? How much in funds did you show?

So the solution is to show funds for a visit/conference and have employment letters/documents on why you must attend.

Last edited:

DannielW

Oct 3, 2022
What was the conference and why was your attendance mandatory? Did your company pay your fees and all expenses? How long was the conference? How much in funds did you show?

So the solution is to show funds for a visit/conference and have employment letters/documents on why you must attend.
Well,it was a 3-day Agribusiness conference that dealt with modern methods of meat processing and packaging.We recently opened a family meat processing company and was scheduled to represent the company as a Human resource director.At the moment of the application,the payment was not made directly with the company's account,rather through the account of one of the directors.I also presented my bank statements which shows more than $2,000 at the time and additional bank statement from one of the directors.The directors also wrote letters in support of the travel.While I did not submit a flight ticket(With the view that it might not be required at that time),I submitted a hotel booking for those days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well,it was a 3-day Agribusiness conference that dealt with modern methods of meat processing and packaging.We recently opened a family meat processing company and was scheduled to represent the company as a Human resource director.At the moment of the application,the payment was not made directly with the company's account,rather through the account of one of the directors.I also presented my bank statements which shows more than $2,000 at the time and additional bank statement from one of the directors.The directors also wrote letters in support of the travel.While I did not submit a flight ticket(With the view that it might not be required at that time),I submitted a hotel booking for those days.
So you were going for 3 days and only showed $2k. Was the additional bank statements from a director a personal account? How would that cover the costs of airfare, accommodations, food etc. So this is a family business and why would you as HR director go to a conference on modern methods processing? Shouldn’t a processing manager go.

Has the conference happened? Where are you from? If legitimate, the company should be showing the funds and paying all expenses. As for you going, the company needs to justify why a HR director and not a plant manager or supervisor is not attending. Modern methods has nothing to do with HR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah,for now I don't see any other reason.How would this rejection impact my future applications?
You have a refusal so you always have to make note of it for any visa you apply for and for all countries, not just applying again for Canadian TRV.

DannielW

Oct 3, 2022
You have a refusal so you always have to make note of it for any visa you apply for and for all countries, not just applying again for Canadian TRV.
Ok.What if I want to apply on my own for maybe Canada student visa or vacation in the future,will still there be any negative effect from this after mentioning on the application that I have been previously refused a VISA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok.What if I want to apply on my own for maybe Canada student visa or vacation in the future,will still there be any negative effect from this after mentioning on the application that I have been previously refused a VISA?
No negative effects but you always must include the refusal in any applications.

DannielW

Oct 3, 2022
No negative effects but you always must include the refusal in any applications.
I really appreciate you taking your time to provide me with all these information.I do have few other questions with regards to applying for either student visa,vacation or tourism.They are:

1. Student Visa
(A) What documents are strong enough to convince officers that I will definitely return to my home country?
(B) How much in total should my bank statements show to be eligible(How much per month)?
(C) Will VISA officers reject my application if I get a U.S - base sponsor whose monthly income is $5,000 per month to support my own bank statements?

2. Vacation
(A) What documents are strong enough to be eligible for this visa type?
(B) How much will be enough to show from my bank statement just like student visa?

3. Tourism
(A) Just like above,what strong supporting documents are strong enough to demonstrate home-tie to my country?
(B) As above,how much is enough for this type of visa?

Once again,I truly appreciate your input.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I really appreciate you taking your time to provide me with all these information.I do have few other questions with regards to applying for either student visa,vacation or tourism.They are:

1. Student Visa
(A) What documents are strong enough to convince officers that I will definitely return to my home country?
(B) How much in total should my bank statements show to be eligible(How much per month)?
(C) Will VISA officers reject my application if I get a U.S - base sponsor whose monthly income is $5,000 per month to support my own bank statements?

2. Vacation
(A) What documents are strong enough to be eligible for this visa type?
(B) How much will be enough to show from my bank statement just like student visa?

3. Tourism
(A) Just like above,what strong supporting documents are strong enough to demonstrate home-tie to my country?
(B) As above,how much is enough for this type of visa?

Once again,I truly appreciate your input.
Honestly what is your motive to come to Canada.

1Student visa - You need acceptance into a college or university. You need to pay first-year tuition and show a minimum of $10k Canadian. You need to select a program that builds on your education and career to justify costs. How old are you? If over 21, you should be showing your own funds not a sponsor.

2&3 are the same. You need to show travel history, ties to home country, funds, reason to travel. Ties are spouse, children, job, properties, and investment. There are no set fees but you need to show funds to travel, pay airfare etc. without using all your savings.

DannielW

Oct 3, 2022
Honestly what is your motive to come to Canada.

1Student visa - You need acceptance into a college or university. You need to pay first-year tuition and show a minimum of $10k Canadian. You need to select a program that builds on your education and career to justify costs. How old are you? If over 21, you should be showing your own funds not a sponsor.

2&3 are the same. You need to show travel history, ties to home country, funds, reason to travel. Ties are spouse, children, job, properties, and investment. There are no set fees but you need to show funds to travel, pay airfare etc. without using all your savings.
You truly answered my questions.I will definitely take note of all them next time I'm applying.Thanks so much!!!