+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Immigrants in Manitoba, wants to live in Ontario

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i everyone,

This question is for my uncle and his two daughters. They became PR through business immigration in September 2013, after 2 months, they moved back home. Their PR expires in Sept 2018.
He did not have any successful business in Manotiba and his kids ( there are adults 23, 25 year olds) didn't like Manitoba. Now they want to return but do not want to live in Manitoba. My understanding is they need to stay 2 years out of 5 to be able to renew their PR. Is it going to be a problem if they do not stay in Manitoba? When they want to return after 3 years, can airport officer deny their entry? Should they fly through Manitoba? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It depends on the program they applied under. Some of the business stream programs require you to establish a business in a specific province to meet PR requirements and be able to retain PR - this is in addition to living in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. Your uncle will have to determine if the program he applied under had any such rules. If so, then he'll need to meet these requirements to keep PR. If not, he's free to move wherever he wishes in Canada.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It depends on the program they applied under. Some of the business stream programs require you to establish a business in a specific province to meet PR requirements and be able to retain PR - this is in addition to living in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. Your uncle will have to determine if the program he applied under had any such rules. If so, then he'll need to meet these requirements to keep PR. If not, he's free to move wherever he wishes in Canada.
Thank you so much. I will ask him but I believe he had to have a business. However, What about his daughters? they were under his application. Do they also need to proof that his father had a business?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shaazdeh said:
Thank you so much. I will ask him but I believe he had to have a business. However, What about his daughters? they were under his application. Do they also need to proof that his father had a business?
If he was required to establish a business, their PR is conditional on his meeting this requirement. The daughters can certainly move to a different province. However if their father fails to meet the requirements under which his PR status was issued, they will lose PR along with him.