+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business imigration through purchasing already working bussiness

Kiyon

May 21, 2014
Dear Forum members!

I need your advice. I and my family live in India. I want to immigrate to Canada under the Business Immigration Program. My Canadian friends suggested contact Lanier Law Firm. They offer help with immigration to Canada by purchasing through them already working business, such as restaurant. I would like to know, if I buy a restaurant in Canada, will it give me some advantages in receiving Permanent residence?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Kiyon said:
Dear Forum members!

I need your advice. I and my family live in India. I want to immigrate to Canada under the Business Immigration Program. My Canadian friends suggested contact Lanier Law Firm. They offer help with immigration to Canada by purchasing through them already working business, such as restaurant. I would like to know, if I buy a restaurant in Canada, will it give me some advantages in receiving Permanent residence?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGlish/immigrate/business/index.asp

I would say, in answer to your question, "no".

PS Dhaliwal

Jan 1, 2017
Hi Zardoz,
Can you give better options to buy business and also why would a restaurant not qualify in your opinion.
Is it not a valid business for immigration purpose.
THanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
PS Dhaliwal said:
Hi Zardoz,
Can you give better options to buy business and also why would a restaurant not qualify in your opinion.
Is it not a valid business for immigration purpose.
THanks
You cannot simply buy a business and qualify for PR given if it were that easy thousands of prospective immigrants would do the same.

There are specific programs for startups and business investors that are strictly controlled for example http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/index.asp. Although the actual business investor program is closed at present and would have required major dollars invested or available.

Others will comment but tread carefully when approaching and parting with any money any law firms or immigration consultants that make promises given they have no influence at all whether anyone can get PR but are very happy to take your money. Whether you do or not is up to you but any recommendations would suggest need to be supported by people or friends that have actually succeeded through this route.

rogerrandhawa

Aug 19, 2016
I did business immigration with RS Immigration. They were good. Charged small sums all the way through until approval where I bought the business. Everyone else said to pay for the business in advance.

Why would I pay for the business in advance without approval? doesn't make sense.

Jan 10, 2017
I'm from Vietnam, and non- resident In Canada. I setup a company succesful in Montreal and i'm a boss -director. I intend to apply Business Enterpreneur this year 2017.I am going to Canada to open my company accounts bank, but now my visa is refuse in 2016( travel history and Purpose). My consultant say: they'll take "CAP NOTE" from Goverment( 20 days) and submit again .But now it's 3 months ...
Pls give some advise for me.Tks a lot

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi ,is it possible to move to quebec with family on a business visa after obtaining CSQ under QIIP ?
Someone told me after obtaining csq , I can apply for business visa and open business in quebec and can shift with family over there
Comments from experts welcome

Reactions: Thanate

MWIN

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
I'm from Vietnam, and non- resident In Canada. I setup a company succesful in Montreal and i'm a boss -director. I intend to apply Business Enterpreneur this year 2017.I am going to Canada to open my company accounts bank, but now my visa is refuse in 2016( travel history and Purpose). My consultant say: they'll take "CAP NOTE" from Goverment( 20 days) and submit again .But now it's 3 months ...
Pls give some advise for me.Tks a lot
Who is your consultant? Did he advise you to set up biz in Canada before apply? It sounds strange because at least it doesn't help your application.

MWIN

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
I did business immigration with RS Immigration. They were good. Charged small sums all the way through until approval where I bought the business. Everyone else said to pay for the business in advance.

Why would I pay for the business in advance without approval? doesn't make sense.
Could you pls share the link to RS Immigration website or where they can be reached? Thanks!