+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business for sale will it qualify PNP

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I have a small grocery store in BC On Vancouver Island " Not in Vancouver" For sale. I have owned it for six years and it has 2 staff plus myself. Its value is about $200000.00 cdn . Does this qualify for pnp and how long does the process take to sell it to a foreigner for pnp.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it doesn't qualify. To qualify the investment in a business must be at least $400K.

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I was just reading this. Regional Entrepreneur category.

This says you must invest $200000.00 am I reading it wrong ??

The Regional Entrepreneur category is the best choice if: • You would like to start or purchase and expand a business outside of the Vancouver and Abbotsford metropolitan areas.
• You have a personal net worth of at least $400,000.
• You intend to invest at least $200,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
• You can commit to creating at least one new job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Scylla, are you sure? Outside of the lower mainland, BC PNP used to be 200k minimum investment.

That being said, the whole business stream of BC PNP is currently "on pause". There is a chance they will change (raise) the criteria, most likely increasing the investment amount or job creation /maintenance requirements, etc.

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am hoping they will streamline the process so that people selling businesses will not be so hesitant
about selling due to the 18 month wait time to find out if you have sold your business or not.

And the brokers are keeping the deposit if it goes wrong not the business owner that waited 18 months plus for a decision from CIC.

sukhdevb69

Apr 12, 2015
Guys any idea what new regulations BC PNP will come out after the pause of 90 days. I had all the docs ready for submission but need to wait till July 2015. Have any one applied for Manitoba under business category. Just wanna know which one to go for BC PNP or Manitoba?

Jul 15, 2015
hi
see detail for BC PNP business program in that - gas station, convenience store, B&B generally docent qualify for business category . secondary bc PNPB give work permit for 2 years not PR which is reviewed after 2 yrs for PR category. see their new program.

shiko_m

Jul 19, 2015
so currently you are in Canada under what status ?

can one own a business and live in Canada without having a PR permit ?

my wife and i looking to relocate to BC, Canada for permanent residency and start our family,
possibly to open two businesses (one for me and one for her), however, the businesses investments are lower than the threshold of $400,000, so I'm wondering what are our possibilities ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shiko_m said:

No.

my wife and i looking to relocate to BC, Canada for permanent residency and start our family,
possibly to open two businesses (one for me and one for her), however, the businesses investments are lower than the threshold of $400,000, so I'm wondering what are our possibilities ?
BC Entrepreneur program:
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Entrepreneur-Immigration/Program-Requirements.aspx

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
shiko_m said:

In a later post, the OP declares himself to be a Canadian citizen.