+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business bank statement as proof of funds

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am applying for my parents' visitor visa from India and I have a few questions -
1. They don't have enough money in their personal bank account because my father has a business that is owned by him and my mother in partnership. Can I provide the business bank statements as proof of funds? All the other funds are in fixed assets like property, LIC etc and cannot be broken easily.
2. Me and my spouse are Permanent Residents in Canada and have a combined income of 95000 CAD. Can we provide the letter of invitation and state that we will cover all their expenses in Canada and will that help with the lack of funds?
3. My brother, living in India, can also provide a letter stating he will finance the trip and give his bank statement. will this help?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am applying for my parents' visitor visa from India and I have a few questions -
1. They don't have enough money in their personal bank account because my father has a business that is owned by him and my mother in partnership. Can I provide the business bank statements as proof of funds? All the other funds are in fixed assets like property, LIC etc and cannot be broken easily.
2. Me and my spouse are Permanent Residents in Canada and have a combined income of 95000 CAD. Can we provide the letter of invitation and state that we will cover all their expenses in Canada and will that help with the lack of funds?
3. My brother, living in India, can also provide a letter stating he will finance the trip and give his bank statement. will this help?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Why not apply for Supervisa
1. They can but it should be personal accounts.
2. You can provide letter but saying you will cover all their expenses can be a red flag that they cannot afford to travel. Your funds do not have to be considered.
3. Same as 2.

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Why not apply for Supervisa
1. They can but it should be personal accounts.
2. You can provide letter but saying you will cover all their expenses can be a red flag that they cannot afford to travel. Your funds do not have to be considered.
3. Same as 2.
We are a bit worried the Super Visa may not come in time. We want to have the parents here by June 2023 as we're having a baby. Their personal account does not have sufficient funds so I was hoping to use the business accounts to show proof. I might have to figure out another way to get the money into their personal account in this case and give a letter of explanation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are a bit worried the Super Visa may not come in time. We want to have the parents here by June 2023 as we're having a baby. Their personal account does not have sufficient funds so I was hoping to use the business accounts to show proof. I might have to figure out another way to get the money into their personal account in this case and give a letter of explanation.
You can try with business accounts but personal accounts are what counts as proof of funds. Dumping money into their personal accounts for no reason raises red flags with IRCC.

Anonymous_94

Mar 15, 2020
@rjacob Brother I am stuck in same situation. We need our parents here soon for our baby. My father has all the funds available in the business account only. Could you please help me out how did you handled the Proof of funds?