+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO FSW ( pre june and non transferred applicants) share timeline plz :)

ag240000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2010
AOR Received.
August 2010 (Buffalo)
Med's Request
March 15 2013
Med's Done....
April 5 2013 / April 12 2013 (reached)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 27th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Requested to transfer file from ottawa to new delhi, passport sent
Hi All friends ... I really need your help....

I have applied for PR from USA but just came to India 2 week before as my project end.
now my company asked me to process ICT visa for canada and for that i send all my doc + passport to new delhi.

suddenly, yesterday i received an email from Ottawa to send passport to them.
and today someone call me from new delhi visa office and told me why you need WP , your PR is finalized.

I asked i am in india how can i send passport, the lady told they will transfer file and give me the "PR VISA".
she told she will call me after sometime but did not.

do anyone of you know how many days it take to transfer file?
Also, i am not able to reach them, could someone have any contact number of new delhi consulate, the number i have going to just receptionist.

seniors please help and guide what can i do.

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
ag240000 said:

I have applied for PR from USA but just came to India 2 week before as my project end.
now my company asked me to process ICT visa for canada and for that i send all my doc + passport to new delhi.

and today someone call me from new delhi visa office and told me why you need WP , your PR is finalized.

I asked i am in india how can i send passport, the lady told they will transfer file and give me the "PR VISA".

Also, i am not able to reach them, could someone have any contact number of new delhi consulate, the number i have going to just receptionist.

Dear you need to go New Delhi embassy on Tuesday coz Monday is holiday
They will not give you reply on phn
So go to visa office on Tuesday show them confirmation letter they will issue u visa or give you some suggestion
Congggg for your ppr

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
BY TOBI COHEN, POSTMEDIA NEWS AUGUST 28, 2013
OTTAWA — The federal government remains confident that the majority of so-called “forgotten” Buffalo immigration applications will be completed by the end of the season as promised even though new figures suggest nearly 40 per cent of the files have yet to be processed.

With just a month to go before summer draws to an end, 3,568 applications remain in the queue, according to the figures obtained by Postmedia News and considered up-to-date as of Aug. 20.

“Most of the files that were transferred from Buffalo to the Ottawa processing office will be completed by the end of summer 2013,” Citizenship and Immigration spokeswoman Sonia Lesage said in an email.

“For the majority of immigration streams, new applications submitted to Ottawa are being processed more quickly than they were during the same time last year in Buffalo.”

Lesage suggested the ongoing strike by foreign service workers will not impact the processing of the remaining Buffalo files. Several foreign visa offices were shut down as a result of the strike and the central processing centre has had to take on some of the burden as a result.

Some 9,417 files, many of them recent university graduates with in-demand skills, were transferred to Ottawa when the government closed the upstate New York visa office in May 2012 after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency.

Citizenship and Immigration, however, came under fire in December after antsy applicants — a number of whom had already waited as long as two years for their papers while watching others who applied later get their permanent residency before them — started to complain about delays.

The NDP accused overworked and understaffed citizenship officers of simply forgetting about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner after the move as many of the applicants hadn't even received a file number much less been assigned a case worker which meant their applications were still in the very early stages of processing.

The government acknowledged delays of around 15 months at the time and promised the Buffalo files would be completed by the end of summer 2013.

According to the figures released by Citizenship and Immigration, 4,982 Buffalo files have so far been approved, 483 were refused and 384 were withdrawn.

The bulk of files, including the majority of pending files, involve skilled worker and provincial applicants.

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
ag240000 said:

seniors please help and guide what can i do
Hey dear
Did you get any information from New Delhi v/o
What are u planning plz share with us

ag240000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2010
AOR Received.
August 2010 (Buffalo)
Med's Request
March 15 2013
Med's Done....
April 5 2013 / April 12 2013 (reached)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 27th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Requested to transfer file from ottawa to new delhi, passport sent
damodar said:
Hey dear
Did you get any information from New Delhi v/o
What are u planning plz share with us
I called VFS and they gave me a number to FAX, i faxed 2 times but no one responded back.
I called VFS back and they told me if they are holding your passport you are going to get the PR Visa and my PP is with consulate.

The consulate also told me the same for the first day that they will transfer my file.

next week i am going to fax again and email them.

hopefully , i will get in next couple of weeks.

waiting ...waiting and waiting with hope that after almost 4 years I will receive.

I will like to go Delhi but it seems to be they don't entertain personal for immigration, did you or anyone went anytime directly to new delhi visa office?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
ag240000 said:
I called VFS and they gave me a number to FAX, i faxed 2 times but no one responded back.
I called VFS back and they told me if they are holding your passport you are going to get the PR Visa and my PP is with consulate.

The consulate also told me the same for the first day that they will transfer my file.

waiting ...waiting and waiting with hope that after almost 4 years I will receive.

I will like to go Delhi but it seems to be they don't entertain personal for immigration, did you or anyone went anytime directly to new delhi visa office?
You have to take it easy there fella.

You have got it! Start planning for a big bash.

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
ag240000 said:

Did you get passport request from New Delhi or Ottawa
I think New Delhi provide same day visa services also
But these days due to stike they are not issuing pr visa so I think that's y they are holding your passport with them
Don't worry once strike will finish you will your passport

Plz let me know v/o issue you passport request
Did you get permission to submit passport to New Delhi
Plz do reply

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Jayson said:
You're very welcome mate!

Check email and Physical file. Yes, your file number.
Hi Jayson,

Are you sure of checking email and physical?

I applied for GCMS under this link in Canada:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

For the question "How would you prefer to receive the requested records?", I choose Email.
For the quesiton "What type of information would you like to request?", I chose Electronic file because the help info of the quesiton are as follows:

Electronic Files:

CIC uses three electronic systems: Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), Field Operation Support System (FOSS) and Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The CAIPS is comprised of notes made by immigration officers located at missions abroad only.

FOSS is comprised mainly of immigration files located in Canada. However, in some cases, they also include notations made by overseas staff. This system is used primarily by Points of Entry(POE) officers to record the entries and exits of foreign nationals.

The GCMS is CIC's new integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.

Physical Files:

The physical files include all files located in Canada or abroad that pertain to an immigration process, such as a work or study permit, an extension of temporary residence, a sponsorship, an application for permanent residence, etc

Does anyone else have an idea on the choice of Electronic or Physical files?
Thanks.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
katydid said:
Hi Jayson,

Are you sure of checking email and physical?

I applied for GCMS under this link in Canada:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

For the question "How would you prefer to receive the requested records?", I choose Email.
For the quesiton "What type of information would you like to request?", I chose Electronic file because the help info of the quesiton are as follows:

Electronic Files:

CIC uses three electronic systems: Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), Field Operation Support System (FOSS) and Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The CAIPS is comprised of notes made by immigration officers located at missions abroad only.

FOSS is comprised mainly of immigration files located in Canada. However, in some cases, they also include notations made by overseas staff. This system is used primarily by Points of Entry(POE) officers to record the entries and exits of foreign nationals.

The GCMS is CIC's new integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.

Physical Files:

The physical files include all files located in Canada or abroad that pertain to an immigration process, such as a work or study permit, an extension of temporary residence, a sponsorship, an application for permanent residence, etc

Does anyone else have an idea on the choice of Electronic or Physical files?
Thanks.
When did you apply?

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
ag240000 said:

Hey dear

Is their any response from New Delhi

PHILCAD

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013 (Transfer to Port of Spain)
Med's Request
June 03, 2013
Med's Done....
June 24, 2013 and Received by CIC July 15, 2013
Passport Req..
August 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Immigrant Visa Issued 08-19-2013 (Port of Spain)
LANDED..........
September-28-2013
FINALLY!

Thank God, We survive of a long wait, Thanks to the Immigration officers of Trinidad and Tobago.

I am praying for those who are still waiting for their permanent residency...just keep the faith and pray

and everything will be fine. ;) ;) ;) ;) :)

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Jayson said:
When did you apply?
I did it at the beginning fo September.

Dudugou

Oct 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
May 02, 2013
Med's Done....
May 27,2013
Passport Req..
August 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 27, 2013
LANDED..........
September 05, 2013
Dear all,

I would like to thank you all for all the supports during this long time painful waiting. I have gotten a lot of help from this forum. Finally, I landed last week. I wish all of you who are still waiting for the permanent residency get it very soon. :) ;)

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Dudugou said:
Dear all,

I would like to thank you all for all the supports during this long time painful waiting. I have gotten a lot of help from this forum. Finally, I landed last week. I wish all of you who are still waiting for the permanent residency get it very soon. :) ;)
Thanks for your wish. Congrats!!!