+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO FSW ( pre june and non transferred applicants) share timeline plz :)

az21

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Dec 2010 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Buffalo to CPP-O
Med's Request
March 2013 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
24 June 2013
LANDED..........
hopefully summer 2013
lrow said:
Hi Guys ,

I received an email from cic like this .. They have given me a new file number . Are other also getting (got) this kind of email.

UCI: <>
Application No.: <E00XXXXXXX>
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear <Name>,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <Date>.
yes, please share your time-line and then we can all have an idea what this email means.

sunny3776

Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
AOR Received.
Processing started feb 2012
Med's Request
27th feb 2013
Med's Done....
4th march 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
14th may to NY OFFICE
VISA ISSUED...
25th June
LANDED..........
26th going naigra/buffalo border
I got passport request on 14th and they recieved my passport by 24th may , could some one plz tell me when can I expect my passport back , I send it to newyork office and my application was with Ottawa office .

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
Lol...
I applied in June 2011 thinking ---"ohh I just get all the docs together right, get good IELTS score, reliable agent and apply. CIC is saying we welcome eligible immigrants with open arms."

Also, I had seen people go to Canada under FSW category and saw it was not that bad. So I did everything took me 2-3 months to get everything together correctly! So after sending application I wait... okay for one year I should forget I applied- let them process.

Lol little did I know back then! Immediately found out ..man! this buffalo VO is sooo slowww others are pretty fast. But I know buffalo might delay but they are still reliable..they do reply and get the work done - approve or reject.

After approx. a year Buffalo closes !! First I didn't take it well, later I was like well.. they are just doing what is right for them. So' there may be a delay but can't blame them..let it be. They will process applications and give us results. Let's wait.

After a while I heard about the pre Feb2008 fiasco ! I was furious.. what kind of minister runs the immigration system of Canada and behaves like this! Who is this Mr. Kunny ..ooohh I mean Kenny. What's he trying to do, man? I saw new policies formulating.. I said to myself..well may be the immigration system does need some over-haul!! the policies look okay.. may be it's for the best. But nothing would have justified hitting delete button to me!! I don't even want to explain why !! seriously .. come on now we're not all dumb - we have common sense. It was all very hypocritical, unjust and believe it or not stupid.

Anyways, now the strike and moving files to mexico/port of spain, few delayed MRs, very few very delayed PPRs for people with completed MRs etc.. It's not surprising. If they can get rid of applicants who applied before feb 2008 (imagine 2 yrs ahead of me) and many of them probably having very similar education/professional experience, same NOC and "everything". What can one expect ?

az21 said:
I think all of the natural and man-made forces of the universe are working together to stop CIC from processing our FSW applications! Damn maan.....Shutting down Buffalo easily added 1 year to our waiting time. Now a strike. :(

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
I applied in CEC on Oct 2012. For CEC application I have got MR and RPRF. But some Jun 2012 CEC applicants are just getting MR.

We have many members in this very thread who applied in Jun 2010 under FSW and got PPR. Yet many of us who applied in Apr 2010 FSW are still waiting on PPR.

Based on my experience and forum member posts, I can say that the processing times for any application under any category can be described as unpredictable at best. Unpredictable because applicants with same parameters can get ppr about 6 to 12 months apart.

No one can tell when one would get lucky.

My perspective is - Our applications are not processed for free or at a subsidized rate. Every applicant pays roughly over CAD 1500 to CIC. So CIC needs to be able pay for the manpower to process applications in time.
The only predictable factor is that that application fee is deducted immediately.
Why do they collect RPRF months before issuing a passport request?

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
mshaikh said:
Lol...
I applied in June 2011 thinking ---"ohh I just get all the docs together right, get good IELTS score, reliable agent and apply. CIC is saying we welcome eligible immigrants with open arms."

Also, I had seen people go to Canada under FSW category and saw it was not that bad. So I did everything took me 2-3 months to get everything together correctly! So after sending application I wait... okay for one year I should forget I applied- let them process.

Lol little did I know back then! Immediately found out ..man! this buffalo VO is sooo slowww others are pretty fast. But I know buffalo might delay but they are still reliable..they do reply and get the work done - approve or reject.

After approx. a year Buffalo closes !! First I didn't take it well, later I was like well.. they are just doing what is right for them. So' there may be a delay but can't blame them..let it be. They will process applications and give us results. Let's wait.

After a while I heard about the pre Feb2008 fiasco ! I was furious.. what kind of minister runs the immigration system of Canada and behaves like this! Who is this Mr. Kunny ..ooohh I mean Kenny. What's he trying to do, man? I saw new policies formulating.. I said to myself..well may be the immigration system does need some over-haul!! the policies look okay.. may be it's for the best. But nothing would have justified hitting delete button to me!! I don't even want to explain why !! seriously .. come on now we're not all dumb - we have common sense. It was all very hypocritical, unjust and believe it or not stupid.

Anyways, now the strike and moving files to mexico/port of spain, few delayed MRs, very few very delayed PPRs for people with completed MRs etc.. It's not surprising. If they can get rid of applicants who applied before feb 2008 (imagine 2 yrs ahead of me) and many of them probably having very similar education/professional experience, same NOC and "everything". What can one expect ?

I am baffled and lost in thoughts like you. I applied under the FSW in 2011 when I was still a student, now I have worked for over 15 months in Canada, but instead of me to put in another application under other categories like CEC, PNP...kept hoping the that processing will get better.

All my friends that did not do FSW then but waited till they are qualified under other categories have now landed.

My two peso is that the FSW is not worth banking on. I won't be suprised if a law is introduced tomorrow to cancel all the pending FSW applications. The mere fact that applications in other categories are moving with speed, even faster than the prescribed processing time may a sign that there is fire on the mountain...

Dude_1982

Oct 11, 2012
They should outsource cic to China, after all we in west are too lazy to work and also to expensive to process
anything here, please let china do all the background checks at least we know the results within 6 mts and
move with our lives pass/fail...this wait is tiring and sucking the blood out of us.....time is money nd cic
has wasted both.....pls outsource more jobs//.

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
greatlakes said:
I applied in CEC on Oct 2012. For CEC application I have got MR and RPRF. But some Jun 2012 CEC applicants are just getting MR.

We have many members in this very thread who applied in Jun 2010 under FSW and got PPR. Yet many of us who applied in Apr 2010 FSW are still waiting on PPR.

Based on my experience and forum member posts, I can say that the processing times for any application under any category can be described as unpredictable at best. Unpredictable because applicants with same parameters can get ppr about 6 to 12 months apart.

No one can tell when one would get lucky.

My perspective is - Our applications are not processed for free or at a subsidized rate. Every applicant pays roughly over CAD 1500 to CIC. So CIC needs to be able pay for the manpower to process applications in time.
The only predictable factor is that that application fee is deducted immediately.
Why do they collect RPRF months before issuing a passport request?
The only reason is that they are acting like a rogue.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Guys ,

I applied for FSW2 in Apr 2010 and my initial visa office was buffalo .
I have received an email from cic like this .. They have given me a new file number . Are others also getting (got) this kind of email.

Dear <Name>,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <Date>.

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
lrow said:
Hi Guys ,

I applied for FSW2 in Apr 2010 and my initial visa office was buffalo .
I have received an email from cic like this .. They have given me a new file number . Are others also getting (got) this kind of email.

Dear <Name>,

I think so.

sunny3776

Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
AOR Received.
Processing started feb 2012
Med's Request
27th feb 2013
Med's Done....
4th march 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
14th may to NY OFFICE
VISA ISSUED...
25th June
LANDED..........
26th going naigra/buffalo border
Does any one knows , how long it takes to get passport back from NEWYORK , I have sent my passport on 21 st may and they recieved it by 24th of may !

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
katydid, mat2010, az21

Any ppr yet?

Matt_2010

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2010
Doc's Request.
18-May-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 12-April-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012 from Buffalo to Ottawa
Med's Request
24-April-2013
Med's Done....
01-May-2013/Misplaced by Ottawa Since June and was Found 24th of October!!!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
15-11-2013
greatlakes said:
katydid, mat2010, az21

Any ppr yet?
Nothing yet. I would have said sth here if I had heard anything from them.

az21

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Dec 2010 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Buffalo to CPP-O
Med's Request
March 2013 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
24 June 2013
LANDED..........
hopefully summer 2013
greatlakes said:
katydid, mat2010, az21

Any ppr yet?
not a word or change in my ecas.

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
greatlakes said:
katydid, mat2010, az21

Any ppr yet?
Not yet. I guess we probably will wait somewhat longer because of the damn strike.