Sent along with Docs
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2011
Med's Request
26-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2011
Interview........
"not waived" Detroit VO said they are expecting to finalize my application without interview however they keep the right to interview me at any point if needed"
Passport Req..
12-Jan-2012- passport sent 16-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
04-Feb-2012
janaki said:
Congrats Adamishere!!!!!
Thanks Janaki. Wish you good luck

apo

Dec 25, 2011
I got passport request from Detroit VO. Timelines below . Good luck and God bless guys!

Initial application to Nova Scotia February 2, 2010
Full Application submitted to Buffalo April 28, 2010
Transferred to Detroit VO September 28, 2011
Medical Request and updated docs October 12, 2011
Medicals Done October 26, 2011
Passport Request January 12, 2012

lanied

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9, 2009
My lawyer told me to expect good news in the first two weeks in February so hopefully that means mine will come then. Will wait and see I guess.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lanied said:
My lawyer told me to expect good news in the first two weeks in February so hopefully that means mine will come then. Will wait and see I guess.
Hopefully sooner :D

JWilkinson

Jan 20, 2012
Hi Guys and girls, First post here.

I have been applying for my PR for about 3 years now off and on. :'(

My file also got transferred to Detroit back in September i believe. I have recieved my passport request form and have a question to anyone who knows:

I already live in Canada as a temporary worker and my PR Application is for me alone, no family members.

It states on the form to 'Ensure that you have enclosed two pictures for everyone in your family'. Does this mean everyone in my family back at home who will not be coming to canada, or just me?

I already went through the pain of collecting photos for my family members and sent them earlier in my application process so technically they already have copies. i really don't want to do this again as it could set me back many weeks... my work permit runs out at the beginning of April.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jamie

adamishere

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
19-Feb-2010
IELTS Request
Sent along with Docs
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2011
Med's Request
26-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2011
Interview........
"not waived" Detroit VO said they are expecting to finalize my application without interview however they keep the right to interview me at any point if needed"
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
04-Feb-2012
JWilkinson said:
Hi Guys and girls, First post here.

I have been applying for my PR for about 3 years now off and on. :'(

My file also got transferred to Detroit back in September i believe. I have recieved my passport request form and have a question to anyone who knows:

I already live in Canada as a temporary worker and my PR Application is for me alone, no family members.

It states on the form to 'Ensure that you have enclosed two pictures for everyone in your family'. Does this mean everyone in my family back at home who will not be coming to canada, or just me?

I already went through the pain of collecting photos for my family members and sent them earlier in my application process so technically they already have copies. i really don't want to do this again as it could set me back many weeks... my work permit runs out at the beginning of April.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jamie
Hi Jamie,

If you are immigrating by yourself, you have to submit your photos only. I think it means everyone in your family who is immigrating to Canada. That is what I did myself. I submitted Photos for my wife and I; did not include photos for my son as he is already Canadian.

yrkandel

Jun 23, 2010
lanied said:
What is your ecas status shows? Mine was also transferred on the same date to LA visa office but now news yet. Mine ecas says started processing since november 28, 2011. Hope good news soon.

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Folks I just joined the forum,
FSW1, 0111
My timeline (a bit odd) is as follows

Initial application to Nova Scotia January 28, 2010
Full Application submitted to Buffalo November 15, 2010
Transferred to Detroit VO November 1, 2010
Application Refused due to IELTS (non US born citizen) January 19, 2011
Appeal filed in Canada Federal Court March 17, 2011
Detroit VO Decision ruled invalid July 10, 2011
File returned for re-processing in Detroit VO August 5, 2011
IELTS submitted September 1, 2011
Medical Request and updated docs October 22, 2011
Medicals Done November 6, 2011
Interview ?
Passport Request ?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question:
Its been almost two months since our medical results were sent to Ottawa and I have not received any communication from Detroit. Now, are they still inspecting our medical results or performing background check?

Thanks

adamishere

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
19-Feb-2010
IELTS Request
Sent along with Docs
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2011
Med's Request
26-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
04-Feb-2012
Sharif11 said:
Hi,

I have a question:
Its been almost two months since our medical results were sent to Ottawa and I have not received any communication from Detroit. Now, are they still inspecting our medical results or performing background check?

Thanks
Hi,

I do not think there is any problem with your applications. It seems they are working on the files based on the date of AOR or the location(if you live in Canada or USA). Do not worry, you will hear good news soon.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passports back. I sent my passports a week ago with return envelope and I am not sure how long it takes to get them back.

All the best.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adamishere said:
Hi,

I do not think there is any problem with your applications. It seems they are working on the files based on the date of AOR or the location(if you live in Canada or USA). Do not worry, you will hear good news soon.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passports back. I sent my passports a week ago with return envelope and I am not sure how long it takes to get them back.

All the best.
Thank you adamishere for your quick reply. I did live in the US before and I'm currently in Canada. I got my 2nd AOR from Buffalo way back in May 2010. I just don't know what is taking them so long!

JWilkinson

Jan 20, 2012
adamishere said:
Hi Jamie,

If you are immigrating by yourself, you have to submit your photos only. I think it means everyone in your family who is immigrating to Canada. That is what I did myself. I submitted Photos for my wife and I; did not include photos for my son as he is already Canadian.
thanks for your reply!... i certainly hope you're right - What made you come to that decision if you don't mind me asking?

The bit that makes me a little worried is how they word it.

above on the form (number 2) it says: Ensure that you have enclosed valid passports for everyone in your family who is accompanying you to Canada

yet for number 3 it says: Ensure that you have enclosed two pictures for everyone in your family

no mention about if only sending the photos of family members who will be immigrating with me?!?!

anyway, i'm still a little hesitant!

any further info would be great i want to mail this today hopefully :D

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
If I were you, i wouldn't mind including the photos of my son.