HI

I applied in June for spousal sponsorship
They requested a medical exam and police certificate in August
And they transferred the file to Bucharest
And till now nothing has been 8 months
Please how long gonna take more?
I contact the store office twice and they saying in process
HELP
1. The posted processing time for 80% of spousal in Bucharest is 12 months. So until the application has passed 12 months you will told it is process.

Maryamfaisal

May 18, 2017
HI

1. The posted processing time for 80% of spousal in Bucharest is 12 months. So until the application has passed 12 months you will told it is process.
Is that mean I will not get anything before that
Because they should finalize it within 12 months
Not processing

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
And is there any way i can know on which date they are working now
12m process time is a target, not a promise. As such, it is possible to exceed this window of time as it is possible to be done sooner than this window of time.

You can order your GCMS notes to get a better understanding of where they are at with your file.

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
And is there any way i can know on which date they are working now
I don't think there is a certain date on which they're working. I was a September applicant, my file was transferred in Bucharest on nov. I already recived COPR. I think it depends from case to case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like you used your home country passport while a PR after coming to Canada as a refugee. That could be slowing down the process. You are still in the normal processing time.

Maryamfaisal

May 18, 2017
I don't think there is a certain date on which they're working. I was a September applicant, my file was transferred in Bucharest on nov. I already recived COPR. I think it depends from case to case.
What is your nationality
Whch country is your spouse???
I hope will come soon i am so tired

Maryamfaisal

May 18, 2017
Looks like you used your home country passport while a PR after coming to Canada as a refugee. That could be slowing down the process. You are still in the normal processing time.
What the difference I did not use my passport but for sure they know i was a refugee
But that should not effect the case

Determined

Nov 23, 2015
So I want to write an update of our case maybe that can answer some questions how things are going in Bucharest. My husband and I applied december13/2016. Our file has been with Bucharest since January 2017, we had an interview on November 20th where we got a yes from the officer she asked for an other police clearance and an othe medical because my husbands were going to expire in 7 days after the interview. We did all that and how it’s end of February and through our MP we found out they just started their regular background check including security check which takes who knows how long, even they can’t tell us because it’s a 3rd party agency that does it.
So they are way over the timeline on our case and still nothing..
We are very frastrusted!

Venom2007

Apr 21, 2018
Montréal
I applied in June for spousal sponsorship
They requested a medical exam and police certificate in August
And they transferred the file to Bucharest
And till now nothing has been 8 months
Please how long gonna take more?
I contact the store office twice and they saying in process
HELP
I am almost the same till now , they are stupid guys

Venom2007

Apr 21, 2018
Montréal
I got all acceptances to sponsor my wife in 4 months (the federal acceptance then the CSQ for Québec) then i am still waiting from August till now meanwhile the medical exam is already expired and still waiting for another medical exam request (my wife is living in so , i was hopefully thinking this would facilitate the process, the irony) but , i passed almost 13 months and still in process
tabarnak

Aliengine

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
We applied in June and file transferred in Sept. In March got pre arrival email and only last Thursday got ops.
We submit the passport to VAC at the same day and waiting to get it stamped.

It's almost 11 months as our application received 5 June 2017.