+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Btech 2012 passout going for fall 14 MS CS ottawa..Seniors please advise.

royalstag123

May 24, 2014
hello guys,
i did my btech in 2012 from CS background with 74% marks and my IELTS score is 7.
I have got admit from University of Ottawa for MS CS fall 2014.
Have done GIC and One term fee as well.

But i am concerned about my work experience thing.

After B.tech i worked for about 9 months as online marketing executive in a start up firm and then resigned to prepare for IELTS and arrange LORs,etc. In march i joined one BPO in technical profile and still working. My job role involves network set up, troubleshooting,etc.
I don't have ITR returns as i am still earning under taxation limit.

So should i attach my salary slips for this with my VISA application to have a positive impact?

Should i just mention about my jobs in the SOP/Letter to Visa officer and go without any proof?

I request you to please guide me.
Thanks.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Normally, the VO doesn't require you to submit a letter from your employer, because it's evident you resign from your position in order to go to study abroad. Therefor, it is enough that you mention your work experience in the application form without providing any evidence unless specifically instructed to do so in a written communication from CIC. Since your academic and professional background match the program you have been admitted to, your visa chances look pretty good to me.

royalstag123

May 24, 2014
Thank u so much bro for the guidance.
I will mention about my work experience in my SOP/letter of intent while applying for VISA.
Hope it would work for me.

Please tell me if i am correct:
Applying directly on CIC website means: Online uploading of all the scanned forms and other financial documents.
Applying through VFS: It is Paper based and we have to visit the CVAC to submit all the documents or mail them all the documents.

Which one is better and fast?

Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pleasure, bro.

Please tell me if i am correct:
Applying directly on CIC website means: Online uploading of all the scanned forms and other financial documents.
Applying through VFS: It is Paper based and we have to visit the CVAC to submit all the documents or mail them all the documents.
You got it right. I prefer applying online, but you could do it either way really. Just keep in mind that you need a scanner and visa/mastercard for online application.

So should i attach my salary slips for this with my VISA application to have a positive impact?
You need to show proof of funds available for your studies and living expenses in Canada (bank account statement, sponsorship letter, etc). I wouldn't attach any unnecessary documents to keep your application's pages in few.

Should i just mention about my jobs in the SOP/Letter to Visa officer and go without any proof?
First of all you'll have to mention your work experience in the IMM1294 form. As per the SOP it would also be a good idea to link your prior work and acamedic experience to the reason you are taking this course in Canada.

Good luck.