waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Mar-2015 received on 7-April-2015
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hi Bryanna,

I’m glad that you’re still helping others on this forum . I remember you from my PR application days, your responses really helped me a lot and many more applicants on the forum.

I had a query with regards to my friends visitors visa reapplication for 2 weeks. I request your guidance to see if we can include anything else to satisfy the visa officer about his family ties . His intention is only to visit me and nothing else.

Now I am a PR, , and working on full time permanent basis at one of top 5 banks at management position . I had invited my friend twice but his visitor visa was rejected both the times :(

in 2013: I was on Work permit in Canada,. we both were working for the same IT company. As per GCMS notes, it stated that the officer was concerned that we both were working for the same company and may hence the visa was refused

in 2016: GCMS notes stated the refusal reason

Noticed previous refusal and moderate establishment I weak travels. Considering economic conditions and employment prospects in home country, and taking into account factors including travel history, economic establishment and family ties, Iam not satisfied that the applicant would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada”

Now we are planning to re-apply visitors visa for 3rd time. And including the following to demonstrate family ties to India

- marriage certificate, spouse will not be travelling nor has a Canada visa

- Govt agency Property valuation report(March 2018) showing his name as owner and value of property as INR 7500000

- He’s working with the same IT company since 2009 which covers his entire family under corporate insurance plan

- His wife's has some medical issiues and is planned to undergo surgery a month after his visit, attaching the documents from doctor

- Passport showing his travelling history in southeast asia Thailand(2014) and Middle-East Qatar(2015) other thn that he hasn’t’ travelled due to his family commitments.

- His income documents Form16, tax returns etc

From my end I will be submitting

- My NOA for 2016/2017

- My salary /compensation letter

- 2 week itinerary along with confirmed hotel booking

- My Invitation letter(planning to get it notarized- would it make any difference if I notarized it?)

Purpose of this times invitation letter: To visit me during summer and thats the main reason why I want him to come here, He’s like a family to me … none of my family members can travel o_O

A bit more background about his PR application……..

He had applied for SINP nomination twice (2015,2016) which was rejected stating tht his work experience is not aligned to his education.

.Plz advise if there’s any other document that we can submit to satisfy the visa officers concern

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m glad that you’re still helping others on this forum . I remember you from my PR application days, your responses really helped me a lot and many more applicants on the forum.
Hi,

I'm so glad I could help you. Thanks so much for your kind words.

First, I would be super cautious before your friend applies another time. He's been refused four times (two TRV refusals + two SINP refusals although those were for completely non-related reasons to his TRV refusals). He would need to prove he has super compelling reasons to visit you (for example: You're getting married). I wouldn't say that he's visiting you because your family cannot visit.

If he mentions he wants to visit for the summer, IMO, that may not work. Also, if his wife's medical condition is critical then he wouldn't want to be away from his wife just before the surgery.... there are tests to be done + I'm assuming he is the primary caregiver. If it is a routine-type of surgery then that would be a different situation.

His travel history has not been to countries that a visa officer would like to see.... US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ/ Japan, etc.

One of his key strong ties is his employment, but he has not included any documents for this.

1. Does he have children? If yes, how old are they and what do they do?
2. Does he live with dependent parents or in-laws or grandparents?
3. Is his wife employed?
4. Can he include some work commitments to return to by a specific date? Appraisal, training, project completion, client visit, etc?
5. He has not included any bank statements + financial investments.
6. What employment documents can he provide?
7. How long does he intend to visit?
8. Is he likely to travel abroad to another country for maybe work reasons after his Canada visit?
9. Does he have any social commitments (for example: he volunteers for an NGO or Rotary Club/Lions Club or maybe a sports club)?

Cheers

Reactions: Naname

dineshh.786

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
PER 30th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
15-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
19-JAn-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASAP
Thanks a lot Bryanna ..... i can't appreciate much enough for the time you spend helping others:)
  1. He has no kids as of yet;)
  2. He lives with his parents who are dependent on him
  3. Yes his wife is employed
  4. He's including an email from his manager for the vacation approval. he's working on a project and is heavily engaged in that
  5. Yes he's including his bank statements showing about INR 10,00000 + poperty appraisal (mortgage free) valued at INR 7500000
  6. He's working for a top notch IT firm so form16. appaisal, salary slip corporate incurance copy showin his parents and spouse coverage
  7. We're planning for 2 weeks . i have my vacation during summer and wanted to spend some time with him
  8. We are planning to visit Jamaica once he's here, since he would not require visa. I am planning to book the flight tickets and hotel for Jamaica visit if that'd help
  9. He's engaged with the local YMCA and other small social comitties
His wife's surgery is routine , nothing serious so i thought may help
TBH the main reason is just for visiting, he's not into tourisms due to his aging parents, the only reason he's applying a TRV is to visit me (not technicaly tourism)

And I do not plan to marry any soon.

However i'm planning to buy a house soon, would that be someting that a visa officer may see as a compelling reason.... i know it sounds funny to even ask this question :(

would notarizing my invitation letter make any difference? I can provide my NOA( over 100k) & bank statement (70K)

I'm not sure what eslse can we do to convince the visa officer

Thanks again :)

Hi,

I'm so glad I could help you. Thanks so much for your kind words.

First, I would be super cautious before your friend applies another time. He's been refused four times (two TRV refusals + two SINP refusals although those were for completely non-related reasons to his TRV refusals). He would need to prove he has super compelling reasons to visit you (for example: You're getting married). I wouldn't say that he's visiting you because your family cannot visit.

If he mentions he wants to visit for the summer, IMO, that may not work. Also, if his wife's medical condition is critical then he wouldn't want to be away from his wife just before the surgery.... there are tests to be done + I'm assuming he is the primary caregiver. If it is a routine-type of surgery then that would be a different situation.

His travel history has not been to countries that a visa officer would like to see.... US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ/ Japan, etc.

One of his key strong ties is his employment, but he has not included any documents for this.

1. Does he have children? If yes, how old are they and what do they do?
2. Does he live with dependent parents or in-laws or grandparents?
3. Is his wife employed?
4. Can he include some work commitments to return to by a specific date? Appraisal, training, project completion, client visit, etc?
5. He has not included any bank statements + financial investments.
6. What employment documents can he provide?
7. How long does he intend to visit?
8. Is he likely to travel abroad to another country for maybe work reasons after his Canada visit?
9. Does he have any social commitments (for example: he volunteers for an NGO or Rotary Club/Lions Club or maybe a sports club)?

Cheers

Last edited:

dineshh.786

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
PER 30th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
15-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
19-JAn-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hi Bryanna, any suggestion please:(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Bryanna ..... i can't appreciate much enough for the time you spend helping others:)
You're welcome :)

He lives with his parents who are dependent on him
He should include evidence that everyone stays together + other supporting evidence (he pays the utilities/ medical insurance for his parents, etc

He's including an email from his manager for the vacation approval. he's working on a project and is heavily engaged in that
Not an email. Instead, do include a leave approval letter issued on business stationery from his manager/HR.... with their contact information.... that would state he will have his job when he returns.

He must also include: His employment letter + 6 months' salary statement + 6 months' bank statement to which the salary is credited + evidence of him working on the project, project timelines and specific work-commitments after his intended visit

Yes he's including his bank statements showing about INR 10,00000
Nothing borrowed or transferred at the last minute. It must match his IT returns and declared sources of income.

Also include any financial investments (FDs, RDs, share/stocks, mutual funds, EPF, PPF, etc.... these all add to the overall financial situation..... but he'll need to specify which are liquid funds available for his visit)

poperty appraisal (mortgage free) valued at INR 7500000
Include property ownership documents (translated into English by a certified translator) + recent property tax bill and receipt + supporting evidence to confirm the indicative market rates cited for the property valuation + highlight the fact that it is mortgage-free to indicate a good financial situation + any property related commitments (for example: If he is the member of the Society Managing Committee)

He's working for a top notch IT firm so form16. appaisal, salary slip corporate incurance copy showin his parents and spouse coverage
Yes, do include to the other documents that I have suggested.

We're planning for 2 weeks . i have my vacation during summer and wanted to spend some time with him

We are planning to visit Jamaica once he's here, since he would not require visa. I am planning to book the flight tickets and hotel for Jamaica visit if that'd help
The Jamaica trip doesn't make sense (at least to me). It's like a whirlwind tour of Canada and Jamaica in two weeks. I'm not too sure the visa officer will buy this side trip to Jamaica.

He's engaged with the local YMCA and other small social comitties
Is he one of the key organizing committee members? Can he include evidence of his work with YMCA and other similar organizations? Any major events scheduled after his visit? Is he required to organize/manage those events?

His wife's surgery is routine , nothing serious so i thought may help
He can include the medical report + doctor's note + any evidence of paying for the scheduled surgery, etc

However i'm planning to buy a house soon, would that be someting that a visa officer may see as a compelling reason.... i know it sounds funny to even ask this question :(
No benefit to your friend's application. It could help if your family wants to visit

would notarizing my invitation letter make any difference?
Zero impact if notarized.

I can provide my NOA( over 100k) & bank statement (70K)
You can provide these documents if you prefer.

Other suggestions:
1. A detailed day-by day itinerary with expense estimates.... and prove that he can afford the itinerary + airfare + miscellaneous expenses

2. 2-3 months' credit card statements if the dues are low or if he uses his cards like plastic money.

3. Any specific commitments to return to concerning his parents?

4. An overseas travel medical insurance policy (refundable, allow for the dates to be changed)

5. A cover letter set out in separate sections (point format as far as possible + cross-references to evidence): Sections for Applicant and Host details + Previous visa refusals and how he has addressed the grounds for refusal + Strong ties (sub-sections for Employment + Family + Property + Financials) + Reasons to return to India by a specific date + Travel History (although those countries do not count)

6. Your invitation letter which explains why his visit means a lot to you

7. Do not book any confirmed tickets in advance

Reactions: neha_dwivedy

dineshh.786

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
PER 30th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
15-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
19-JAn-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASAP
I'm speechless ........ Such a detailed and point to point explanation.

Thanks A lot Bryanna . I've written a 2 page letter explainig all the points in point format , hoping the visa officer will read it

his YMCA membership is regular not on the organizing comitte.

Just had a question about the credid card... he uses it but pays it off every month.. i'm hopings thats positive?

I know it's kinda difficult to get it approved after so many rejection but will definetly try my best to list out all the points

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm speechless ........ Such a detailed and point to point explanation.
I recommend your friend takes the time to prepare the application well. Don't be in a hurry.

He must check/recheck that there are no gaps in the supporting evidence and explanations, especially for his employment + dependent parents + wife's medical surgery + property ownership + social commitments

dineshh.786

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
PER 30th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
15-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
19-JAn-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASAP
Thanks Brynna, I will work on the application based on your feedback :)

I recommend your friend takes the time to prepare the application well. Don't be in a hurry.

He must check/recheck that there are no gaps in the supporting evidence and explanations, especially for his employment + dependent parents + wife's medical surgery + property ownership + social commitments

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Dear @Bryanna,

Please could you help me with this?

I have not applied yet as I don't know how to proceed.

Can I apply under SINP OID if I have a FSW EE? My NOC 1241 is on the list. My score under SINP EE is 63 which is why I'd like to move over.

Reactions: asaeed100