+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bryanna Please help !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
do they ask for the fund she carry? ( at the port of entry) so if she holds a forex card ,no need to bring another fund right?
The CBSA officer may/may not ask for proof of funds at the POE.

I would suggest your mom carries a combination of Forex Card and some amount of currency notes.... she must not keep any of this in her checked-in baggage.

also is it possible to use and withdraw money from this card in Canada or any other place out side Canada?
Yes, you can withdraw money from ATMs using the Forex card.... as your mom's destination is Canada, you can top it up for CAD

I think I cannot change the return date if I do this I have to pay extra..
Your mom can buy a one-way ticket as she has a Super Visa.... however, some airlines may not allow her to board the flight if she does not have a return ticket..... also the immigration officer may want to see a return ticket.

Tickets are valid only for one year..... so if your mom gets a 2 year stamp, the return ticket will not be refunded if you book non-refundable tickets.... it would be best to check with the airline (before you book) if they will allow you to cancel the return ticket when your mom arrives/gets a 2 year stamp.... and get a confirmation about this from the airline in writing.

My advice is to buy refundable tickets (with fare conditions that allow a date change for a fee)..... do not buy non-refundable tickets

Harjot Brar

Jan 3, 2015
Hello Bryanna,
I am on an Open Work permit in Canada and applied for visitor visa of my parents. They applied online to Delhi on 7th june 2015 and the representative forward passports of my parents and extra documents on 8th June 2015 in a package.The representative of my parents got an email from immigration that they need my dads expired passport copy. I am scared why they ask for that? Is it everything normal? Can I expect good news??

Scylla gave me reply but just want take your opinion ??

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Thanks
everyday I check the status of application online....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Harjot Brar said:
Hello Bryanna,
I am on an Open Work permit in Canada and applied for visitor visa of my parents. They applied online to Delhi on 7th june 2015 and the representative forward passports of my parents and extra documents on 8th June 2015 in a package.The representative of my parents got an email from immigration that they need my dads expired passport copy. I am scared why they ask for that? Is it everything normal? Can I expect good news??

Scylla gave me reply but just want take your opinion ??
Hi Harjot,

Maybe CIC wants to check your dad's travel history..... like the countries he has traveled to or if he was issued a particular visa or if there was a visa refusal..... it's difficult to say.

If your dad has declared his travel history/any refusal (if that's the case).... he has not omitted any details by mistake, then everything will be fine

Hope for the best

rts1986

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/10/2014
AOR Received.
14/11/2014
File Transfer...
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
17/7/2014
Hi Bryanna,

I am an October 2014 applicant (spousal) and need some advice / guidance regarding TRV. Since there has been no progress whatsoever, I was considering applying for a TRV to visit my husband in Canada. However, I'm confused regarding a few things and would appreciate your guidance.

My doubts are:
1.GCMS notes suggest that my file is OPEN & IN PROGRESS (eligibility, criminality & security have not started. Medicals have been passed as I had done an upfront medical exam.) However, ecas shows only AR / MR. Is there a difference between in-progress and in-process? Or are they the same thing?
2.Since I am currently not working, what strong ties can I show to return to India. From what I've read online, I need to convince the visa officer that I will not overstay and jeopardize my PR application and return to India at the end of the visa duration granted.
3.In case TRV is granted, and a re-medical or re-submission of PCC is requested while I am in Canada, how can this be done?
4.In case the TRV is rejected, will it negatively affect my ongoing PR application and will there be a rejection stamp on my passport.

Below is my PR Dependant visa timeline:
•Application received by CIC on 6th Oct 2014
•Sponsor Approval granted on 14th Nov 2014
•AOR2 / File transferred to New Delhi Visa Office on 27th Nov 2014
•Upfront Medicals done on 17th July 2014

Please advice,
R.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi R,

Spousal PR processing time for NDVO is 18+ months.... I recommend you post queries pertaining to your PR application/medicals/PCC in the 'Family Class Sponsorship' section.

For your TRV application, you must prove you don't intend to remain long-term (moreso because you have an on-going PR application).... provide compelling evidence such as property ownership/other immediate family - although your family ties to Canada will be stronger because of your husband/if you are studying/finances/travel history, etc.

If you post specific questions about how to show *ties* then we can give suggestions to make your TRV application stronger.

A TRV refusal will most likely not affect your PR application.... also there won't be any rejection stamp on your passport

Cheers :)

rts1986

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/10/2014
AOR Received.
14/11/2014
File Transfer...
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
17/7/2014
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Looking at the unrealistic and unfair timelines which the NDVO is following, i am considering a TRV as this is the only option which i might be explore to be with my husband.
Regarding my TRV, i am really confused as to what strong ties to show because im not working currently and awaiting my PR dependant visa. As per your suggestions, i'm doubting my ability to provide evidence to return to india- i dont have any property on my name, neither am i studying. Obviously i would not do anything stupid like overstaying the TRV duration as i dont want to jeopardize my PR. my honest and plain simple reason to go to Canada is to be with my husband as we both are missing each other alot and the long distance is just too much to bear. We have been in this long distance relation since 10 years and finally got married recently and having to wait to be with each other because of the visa is just a daunting task.
Can you pls throw some light on various options i can indicate as my "strong ties back home". my parents and in-laws are all in india and as for travel history-i have travelled to Bahrain, australia, singapore and bali in the recent past and have not overstayed in any of these places.

thanks for all your help!
R.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi R,

my honest and plain simple reason to go to Canada is to be with my husband as we both are missing each other alot and the long distance is just too much to bear. We have been in this long distance relation since 10 years and finally got married recently and having to wait to be with each other because of the visa is just a daunting task.
Being apart can be quite difficult :)

Unfortunately, CIC does not grant TRVs on assurances of having no intention to overstay.... and statements like the one quoted above will work against you in a TRV context.

The ties you've mentioned are not good enough to return.... so you'll have to do better than this.

Is it possible (for example) to find new employment or join a study program.... for a couple of months at least before you apply?
Are your in-laws or parents dependent on you?
Previous travel history: From the list you mentioned, only Australia counts as "travel history".... the other countries issue visas quite easily to tourists

Cheers :)

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bryanna

I am currently a PhD student in Canada and I want to call my wife and son to on TRV. My wife is unemployed. Previously we had applied twice and each time it was rejected on the basis of "Purpose of visit" and "Family ties in Canada and in the country of residence. I have the following documents to be sent with the application to CHC Islamabad

1. Cover Letter
2. My Invitation letter stating that my family is coming to visit me and they will be staying at my residence (notorized)
3. TRV application form
4. Family Information form
5. Schedule 1
6. Travel History form (wife traveled to USA, Oman and KSA)
7. Property in the name of my wife
8. Her father's bank statements along with mine (total of $30,000 for 5 months visit)
9. My T4A form
10. Marriage certificate
11. Birth certificate of my son
12. Family extracts of my family and my wife's
13. Copy of my student permit
14. Copies of translations of original documents (ID card, marriage certificate, birth certificate of my son) all notorized
15. University Health Insurance Policy (The policy states that the student's family members will be given health policy once they are enrolled)
16. Letter from university stating that I am a currently enrolled as a graduate research assistant with on CND $33,000 per annum.
17. Fee payment

Kindly guide me if these documents show sufficient ties of my wife and son back in Pakistan and what are the chances of the application for the third time.