+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bryanna , Need ur Help !! URGENT

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
My Mom applied for visitor visa from India for Wedding of my cousin, she had sponsorship letter, sponsor's tax documents wedding invitation, salary slips, bank statements from sponsors.

For her file she showed fixed deposit of 10lakh, her bank accounts, pension documents ,bank has around 3 lakh in there , no recent big deposits im account, she attached ticket with the file for 5 days for wedding , her visa got declined because of these reason :

Family ties in canada and home country
Not satisfied that you will return
Purpose of visit

She did added myself in file that her daughter is in canada on work permit. What can I do to reapply ? Also wediing is on 19th september is there any way to apply online or only paper application is accepted ? She applied through canam consultancy in Chandigarh

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think your mother would be able to attend the wedding based on your previous timelines - submitted application on July 21 and got the refusal on Aug 28.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

As steaky has said, processing may not happen in time for the wedding.... you can certainly try.

The evidence she submitted was only financial in nature.... she needs to provide more concrete, tangible proofs of reasons to return to India.

When you reapply, what additional documents will you provide to prove that she will return to India:
a. Does she have family in India (your dad/siblings/other immediate relatives including dependent grandparents or in-laws, her siblings)?

b. Has your mom retired?

c. Does she own property or land? Or live in a rented accommodation?

d. Did she draw up an itinerary of tourist places to visit, relatives to meet? Or did she say she is only visiting for the wedding? May I ask why a visit of only 5 days and not a little longer?

e. Has she traveled to any other countries in the last 10 years?

You can apply directly at VFS Chandigarh (paper application). You needn't apply through Canam. If you present a strong case then your mom could get a TRV

Cheers :)

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi Bryanna

1. Yes my dad lives in india and immediate relatives as well, my brothe ris in thailand..he got visa for same wedding from thailand

2. Yes my mom retired this year in march.

3. We have a house but probably on name of my dad, she doesnt own any other land

4. She hasn't visited anywhere outside the country yet.

5. She only applied for 5 days just to stick to one purpose to come to canada, we would have planned something depending on visa though but din't mentioned anytging in application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Sarah,

1. Yes my dad lives in india and immediate relatives as well, my brothe ris in thailand..he got visa for same wedding from thailand
Your mom must submit an explanation stating her strong ties to India:
a. Family Ties (your dad/other immediate relatives.... stating that she must return to take care of your dad)

b. Financial Ties (pension/bank account/FDs, etc) along with proofs + ITRs for the last 2 years

c. Do check if the house is on joint name with your mom

d. Any other reason why she must return (any family event in India? Or any other retirement formalities/procedure for financial or other reasons?)

e. Does your mom work (paid or unpaid, volunteer/charity) after her retirement?

f. Did she book confirmed flight tickets?

Also if i apply and processing happens after wedding date will visa automatically be rejected ?
She must prepare a day-by-day itinerary listing places she would like to visit + meet family/friends.... and not just for the wedding.

As processing time could make the wedding a near miss..... you can mention in her Cover Letter + Itinerary/Purpose of Visit document that as family/friends are flying in from around the world..... your mom would like to take this excellent opportunity to meet with people she hasn't met in a long time.... so she is not just visiting for the wedding or tourism

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Other points:
Did your cousin provide other documents like Invitation Letter + his/her immigration status + copy of passport + T4/NOA, etc?

Also did your mom prove/show how she is related to your cousin?

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Thanks a lot for all the details

Yes my aunt and uncle sent invitation letter , wedding card, contract for wedding hall and reception hall bookings, their tax documents , passport copies and invitation letter is in detail mentioning the detail relation and everything else.