+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bryanna, Need help !! TRV for an IEEE Conference

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello @Bryanna

It's 15th already, I have my travel scheduled in less than a week. I am representing my country at the event, it would be so disheartening if I don't make it to the event. I got the co-chair of the committee to mail the embassy and he did that yesterday. I would like to know what I should do next ? Is it a good idea to mail the embassy ? Or submit a case specific enquiry ? Does the consulate even read the mails they receive ? Please Please Please kindly help me out. :(
I think you need a miracle to make it. You only have 6 days left and your application is not approved yet. You also need to consider the mailing time from the visa office to the VFS and then to you. But who knows! you might be able to make it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna

It's 15th already, I have my travel scheduled in less than a week. I am representing my country at the event, it would be so disheartening if I don't make it to the event. I got the co-chair of the committee to mail the embassy and he did that yesterday. I would like to know what I should do next ? Is it a good idea to mail the embassy ? Or submit a case specific enquiry ? Does the consulate even read the mails they receive ? Please Please Please kindly help me out. :(
You and your hosts can email the visa office.

Responses to Case Specific Enquiries are generally slow and won't help in your case. Also, visa offices do not respond to applications which have not crossed the estimated processing time. Your application is still short of the posted processing time.

You cannot do anything else but to wait. And, if unfortunately, you miss this event (but hopefully you are approved), you can attend another conference in the future (if that's possible)

Quite honestly, you have applied way too late. IMO, you should have applied in June/July max. considering the estimated processing time