+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brown paper expiring in December 2023.

Fazanabid

Oct 23, 2020
I am a protected person already applied for PR and the online portal says expected date for PR is September 2024. I just realized my brown paper is expiring on December 2023. Do I still require to renew my brown paper if yes then how? I could not find anything on the IRCC website

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
All expired Refugee Protection Claimant Documents (RPCD) are still considered valid until further notice. The date they expired will not affect the validity.

If you want to renew ,you can request a RPCD by mail. To get your new RPCD, you must be inside Canada. Your expired RPCD will stay valid until you get your new one.

Follow these steps to get your replacement RPCD:

1:Complete the RPCD request form ,include any dependant who also needs a new RPCD. They must also be inside Canada.

2:Get 2 passport size photos for each person. The back of 1 photo must include the person’s name and date of birth.

3:Mail your complete form and all photos in one envelope to this address:

RPCD / DDA
IRCC Winnipeg
269 Main Street, Suite 400
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1B2

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
I am a protected person already applied for PR and the online portal says expected date for PR is September 2024. I just realized my brown paper is expiring on December 2023. Do I still require to renew my brown paper if yes then how? I could not find anything on the IRCC website
After how many months you got final hearing.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Where did you see the expected date for the PR? Can you see that now ? I didn’t know you can see that on the portal.?