+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brought to Canada by my Father illegally

Hattymay15

Jul 25, 2017
Ontario
Anyone who can help me please reply...
I am 18 years old and discovered a few months ago that my father essentially brought me to Canada and kept me here illegally as a child. \My father is a now Canadian Citizen if this helps in anyway.

When I was 14 years old I was brought on vacation and I decided I wanted to live here. For many years I went to high school ( I have no idea how) and went to visit my mom in the England many times I obtained a visa on my second visit when entering Canada at 15, being only a child I gave it to my father. I haven't left the country since then...

Now that I graduated high school and wanted to get a job and go to university. I discovered that I have no sin number, health card and that my Visa wasn't updated after the 6 months had expired. Now I am left to deal with all of this and i have no idea where to start....
I would like to stay in Canada as I have made it my home, I have nothing for me left in England.
If there is anyway I can stay in Canada please help me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am 18 years old and discovered a few months ago that my father essentially brought me to Canada and kept me here illegally as a child. \My father is a now Canadian Citizen if this helps in anyway.

When I was 14 years old I was brought on vacation and I decided I wanted to live here. For many years I went to high school ( I have no idea how) and went to visit my mom in the England many times I obtained a visa on my second visit when entering Canada at 15, being only a child I gave it to my father. I haven't left the country since then...

Now that I graduated high school and wanted to get a job and go to university. I discovered that I have no sin number, health card and that my Visa wasn't updated after the 6 months had expired. Now I am left to deal with all of this and i have no idea where to start....
I would like to stay in Canada as I have made it my home, I have nothing for me left in England.
Get your father to sponsor you for PR as his dependent. Sooner or later, someone will be called to account for the illegal overstay however...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For PR sponsorship information, start here. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship.html

As for getting back into status now, you may well have to leave Canada and reenter as a visitor. It's at that point CBSA may refuse to allow you to enter. I don't know any way that you could apply for a visa from inside Canada with your current circumstances. Others may be able to come up with alternatives.

Given that your father got you into this mess, maybe he should pay for professional legal advice for you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

What exactly does your father say about all of this? It's pretty lousy parenting on his part to have you living in a country with no legal status and no health coverage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I turn 19 in a few months through doesn't that matter? also i need to obtain a visa for that but i have no clue where to start
See your posts from last year. Your only option at this time is for your father to sponsor you for PR. In other words, your father has to be willing to sponsor you for PR.

There is no means for you to obtain PR on your own.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Time is against you. You're already 19, so you only have a little time to convince your father to sponsor you. Once you turn 22, you can no longer be considered a dependent child, and you would have to find a way to get yourself a PR (at that point, your only choices would either be spousal sponsorship, or economic class). I'm assuming your mom and your dad are now separated? I ask because in-land sponsorship may be a possibility if your father wants to file for your mother, and in that application, he can also include you as a dependent child of your mom.