+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brother TRV Rejected

Amarpreetsingh

Nov 12, 2017
  1. Hello @Bryanna

My brother had applied visitor visa on 25Th Oct and we received email saying it had been rejected, please help me regarding this @brea

Grounds for refusal:

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Your family ties in Canada and in your country ofresidence

Your immigration status

Your personal assets and financial status

Your travel history

family ties in Canada and in country of residence

immigration status in country of residence
  1. As a sponsor I have submitted 6 months bank balance with $12000, letter of employment, 2016 notice of assessment, letter and recommendation letter from MP

Applicant documents-

Letter of employment saying that working for 2 years as supervisor with salary of QAR7000 per month,

Bank statement with $8000, property asse

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
3 weeks of stay
Hi,

1. Do post the list of documents which your brother had submitted

2. Is your brother married and/or has children? If yes, would his family travel with him?

3. When does your brother's employment contract and his Work Permit expire?

4. Were there any large, last-minute deposits in his bank account? Is his bank balance consistent with his salary?

5. Does your brother have leased accommodation in his name in Qatar? Property/land in his home country? Any dependent family (your parents/younger siblings/grandparents) i.e. can he prove he supports them financially? Financial investments?

6. What was the purpose of his intended visit?

7. Has your brother traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia/Japan, etc?

Cheers

Reactions: Amarpreetsingh

Amarpreetsingh

Nov 12, 2017
Hi,

1. Do post the list of documents which your brother had submitted

2. Is your brother married and/or has children? If yes, would his family travel with him?

3. When does your brother's employment contract and his Work Permit expire?

4. Were there any large, last-minute deposits in his bank account? Is his bank balance consistent with his salary?

5. Does your brother have leased accommodation in his name in Qatar? Property/land in his home country? Any dependent family (your parents/younger siblings/grandparents) i.e. can he prove he supports them financially? Financial investments?

6. What was the purpose of his intended visit?

7. Has your brother traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia/Japan, etc?

Cheers
My brother submitted

Letter of employment, six months pay stub, six months bank statement with $8000, lease agreement

2. He is single

3.he is working in Qatar as a supervisor and it was renewed in Oct 2017, it renewed every year

4. Yes amount was transferred to his account almost $7000

5. He have submitted rental agreement from qatar, property valuation worth of 1.20 crores

6. Family visit and explore manitoba band Canada

7. He had no travel history of visit to west countries @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Amarpreetsingh

Unfortunately, IMO, there were a few mistakes and reasons in his TRV application that has resulted in a refusal:

This:
4. Yes amount was transferred to his account almost $7000

and this:
5. He have submitted rental agreement from qatar, property valuation worth of 1.20 crores
Is this property owned by him? In which country is this property? Did he submit the property ownership documents?

and this:
6. Family visit and explore manitoba band Canada
From what we've seen, this purpose of visit usually results in a TRV refusal as it indicates the applicant is exploring reasons to stay long-term in Canada

Amarpreetsingh

Nov 12, 2017
@Amarpreetsingh

Unfortunately, IMO, there were a few mistakes and reasons in his TRV application that has resulted in a refusal:

This:

and this:

Is this property owned by him? In which country is this property? Did he submit the property ownership documents?

and this:

From what we've seen, this purpose of visit usually results in a TRV refusal as it indicates the applicant is exploring reasons to stay long-term in Canada

Thank you @Bryanna for clarification on application

1. $7000 we cash deposited in his account.

2. We dint submitted property ownership, it was just valuation document.

3. So if I reapply should I avoid submitting rental agreement document?

4. Should I write more clear visit details instead of using word explore. This details were written in Member of Parliament reference letter.

Wat do u suggest, when should I apply again?

Thank You
Amar

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you @Bryanna for clarification on application

1. $7000 we cash deposited in his account.

2. We dint submitted property ownership, it was just valuation document.

3. So if I reapply should I avoid submitting rental agreement document?

4. Should I write more clear visit details instead of using word explore. This details were written in Member of Parliament reference letter.

Wat do u suggest, when should I apply again?

Thank You
Amar
Hi Amar,

Your brother must prove he has the finances to pay for his visit. This way, it would also prove that his employment is well paying + he is not likely to overstay his visit.

Depositing CAD 7,000 - and as cash - was an avoidable mistake. This has worked against him. If your brother does not have a strong financial situation, I suggest that wait until it improves before he reapplies.

A property valuation document does not prove anything if it is not supported by the actual ownership papers + property tax receipts + rental income (if that's the case). BTW if this property is not owned by your brother, he cannot submit it as a reason to return to his home country.

A rental agreement is a good reason to return especially if it has a deposit forfeiture clause/or if your brother has paid the rent in advance. Along with the rent agreement, he should submit 2-3 rent receipts + his bank statement must prove he has been paying the rent.

An MP's letter/recommendation does not help in the least. I would not include it.

I recommend that your brother must wait for a few months before he reapplies. IMO, his personal/professional ties appear weak at the moment + his personal financial situation is not good.

When he reapplies, he could apply for a family visit without mentioning about the Manitoba Exploratory visit. He would need to include a day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates. Do keep the visit to max. two weeks.

He would also need to include other evidence of his strong ties/strong reasons to return to Qatar/his home country

Cheers