+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brother PR card expired- Sibling in Canada

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
Dear membres,
I am an Outbound FSW.

I am about to submit my documents post ITA. I already claimed 15 points for having a brother in Canada. The problem is that his PR card expired and it will take 3 to 4 months for renewal.

Can I send a copy of his expired card along with the receipt showing that he already applied for his new Residence card ?
(and I will also send my brother's recent utility bills and tax documents for proof of residency)

Has anyone encountered this issue before ?

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Dear membres,
I am an Outbound FSW.

I am about to submit my documents post ITA. I already claimed 15 points for having a brother in Canada. The problem is that his PR card expired and it will take 3 to 4 months for renewal.

Can I send a copy of his expired card along with the receipt showing that he already applied for his new Residence card ?
(and I will also send my brother's recent utility bills and tax documents for proof of residency)

Has anyone encountered this issue before ?
I guess his CoPR should work!

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
Hello guys i am in the same situation?
What documents did you use as pr card alternative?
I sent an LOE with the expired PR Card and the receipt of paiment for renewal
I already passed my medicals and biometrics, and did not receive any request for additional documents, so I guess it worked fine.
hope this helps. good luck

Sup_gill

Apr 28, 2020
Thank you so much for the information.
What other documents did you submit?
Like Tax T4 and all? From ur brother side.

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
-for sibling relationship proof, I sent my birth certificate and his + his passport
-for proof of adress : a recent bank statement and his taxes document (notice of assessement) although I think that one of these documents is enough since both of them show his actual adress. In my opinion, it is better to send the tax documents because they proove that your brother is paying his taxes and residing legally in canada.

Sup_gill

Apr 28, 2020
Hmmm okay thank you... but my sister in law does not work can I provide her college documents she finished studies in December... did you apply from inside or outside Canada?

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
outside of canada.
I think that as long as she is a resident (citizen or pr holder), u just need to provide proof of relationship and of adress.
I hope somebody with more knowledge in this forum answers your question.

Sup_gill

Apr 28, 2020
Thank you
I am thinking to attach her CoPR letter as well. Let’s see if I can get more information on it