+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Council vs IDP

Nirutem

Mar 2, 2018
Dear all,

I appeared for my ielts general exam with British Council and I am disappointed with my scores. I scored,

L - 7.5; S - 7.5; R - 6.5 ; W - 6.5

I am surprised that I received such low band score in R and W. I agree that scoring in writing can be subjective but reading test went well for me and I was confident of getting at least an eight. I am planning to give my exam again but was wondering if anyone could guide me if I should take it through IDP this time? British Council seems to con people everytime by making sure they score them low at least in one module. Any suggestions regarding your experience with IDP in India would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

billgate2016

Nov 24, 2017
IDP has the worst managament of exam. I dono if it is only on the day on which I took the exam or for every other day. On august 4th I had my listening reading and writing exam at moovepic hotel, bangalore. The exam is supposed to start at 1 pm and we were asked to report by 11.15 am. Everything went well till 1o clock and all the 270 candidates were seated in the hall by that time and eagerly waiting for question paper. At this time one organiser announced that they have a technical issue and trying to resolve it. Everyone thought that there might be some issue with the speakers or head phones. But the interesting part is they didnt get the courier with exam material till then and they are waitig for that. Hopelessly they have announced at 1.45 pm that they havent received the exam question papers and are not sure when they are going to get it. Yet all the candidates co operated with the staff and finally the courier arrived and listening test started at 3.15 pm followed by reading test. After reading test writing part should be conducted but then we are announced to vacate the exam hall as there is some booking for some function in that venue. We were asked to write the exam on the hotel terrace.Everyone was pissed off by then as we didn't have proper food from morning and we are asked to give exam on a open terrace. Many people demanded for an explanation and to reschedule the exam. But no representative from IELTS IDP has come to control the situation. Finall at 8.00 pm we gave our writing exam on terrace without proper lighting and no proper seating arrangement.It is not like INTERNATIONAL exam as they call it.Some people said that the same kind of things happend previoulsy with IELTS IDP. This is the example of how IDP conducts the exams. Many people from out stations , pregnant ladies came to give the exam and at 10pm on the outskirts of the city where no proper cab facility is there, we were deserted. So my frnds think twice before you decide to choose IELTS IDP.

Nirutem

Mar 2, 2018
My God I cannot believe that they are this bad and to top it all cannot believe at all it happened in Bengaluru. I am sorry for whatever you had to go through. I hope you all have filed a complaint against them.